No announcement yet.

Froch is delusional if he thinks he can stick and move with Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
    Froch looked seriously hurt at times against Kessler, what fight were you watching biased brit? And he kept crying to his corner that Kessler was hurting him with body-shots. Awww, poor baby hates body shots alot since thats the first time I seen a fighter tell there corner that an opponent hurt them to the body badly.
    Biased brit? Coming from a yank oh the irony. Froch versus Kessler was a war where both fighers took punishment, the fact he took that punishment and did not come close to being kncoked out proves my point and not yours.

Look just because your great hope Ward (the most boring fighter in the competiton) bores and headbuts his way through fights ala Hopkins there is no need to throw your toys out the pram. Hey maybe he will one day be man enough to leave his home town for a change instead of hiding behind biased referees. Yeah you can point out the Froch Dirrel fight and cry on about it as if it was some huge robbery (it wasnt) but at least he has the balls to fight two of his three fights so far away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
      After viewing that video it gives me more belief that Froch will Stop Johnson.

The Road Warrior is just too slow and flat footed at his age for someone like Froch who keeps his distance; Froch won't be standing in front of him, he will come in smash Johnson to the body and then cave a few hooks to the head and move out sticking the jab.

The only thing I saw in that video was Cloud beating up an old man who's past wear and tear; Johnson doesn't even have much of a 1 hit shot either like Abraham, he's just going to get outworked and beat up.

johnson IS old and IS fighting way under his preferred weight division, that much we know for sure.

not sure if froch has the height and reach advantage, but AA was a sitting duck that didn't fire back. johnson has good head movement to get past the jab and he will let his hands go. considering the fact that froch's head movement isn't that great, I think johnson should be able to hit froch with the overhand right regularly. johnson is a tenacious guy and he doesn't back down. he can crowd you and work you to the body on the inside.

styles make fights. you can't outbox a volume puncher, you gotta outpunch him. that's why froch has to revert to his brawling style to beat johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

johnson IS old and IS fighting way under his preferred weight division, that much we know for sure.

not sure if froch has the height and reach advantage, but AA was a sitting duck that didn't fire back. johnson has good head movement to get past the jab and he will let his hands go. considering the fact that froch's head movement isn't that great, I think johnson should be able to hit froch with the overhand right regularly. johnson is a tenacious guy and he doesn't back down. he can crowd you and work you to the body on the inside.

styles make fights. you can't outbox a volume puncher, you gotta outpunch him. that's why froch has to revert to his brawling style to beat johnson.
        Wasn't Marquez outboxing Katsidis?

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
          Wasn't Marquez outboxing Katsidis?
          marqeuz wasn't outboxing katsidis. he was outpunching him. brawling doesn't necessarily mean you eskew all defense and take turns taking shots. jmm had his defense up most of the time, but he also let his hands go a lot. that's not outboxing, that's and outpunching.

let's face facts, katsidis wasn't gonna be able to keep up that kinda pace for 12 rounds. johnson has done it regularly for the past couple decades. however, who knows if making 168 lbs will drain his energy. looks like it didn't against green, but we didn't see it go 12 rounds.

but I digress... like I said, styles make fights. you can't outbox a volumepuncher, you gotta outpunch him.

Comment

Froch is delusional if he thinks he can stick and move with Johnson.

Johnson has fought guys with a better jab than Froch. Johnson has fought guys with better right hands that Froch. Johnson has fought guys with better stamina than Froch. Johnson has fought guys taller than Froch. etc....

Johnson has seen it all, literally. There's nothing Froch can do that Johnson hasn't seen or hasn't dealt with.

Sticking and moving isn't the best way for him to beat Johnson unless they are fighting in the UK where they can rob Johnson. Froch needs to go watch Johnson/Cloud.

IMHO, froch is gonna have to go back to his brawling ways and rely on that thick skull of his.
            Why would Froch be delusional? He has much better boxing ability than Allan Green and has showed that he feels great and more importantly, is effective at '68. Johnson has a puncher's chance but I doubt Froch is a sitting duck or just stand and trades unless Johnson shows signs of fatigue in deep waters.

Comment

Its true,nd im not saying that froch cant win the fight,but he doesnt bring anything johnson hasnt seen multiple times before

Comment

actually you got it all wrong.

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                Why would Froch be delusional?
                styles make fights. froch needs to brawl w/ johnson, not box with him.

He has much better boxing ability than Allan Green
                no, he's shown a better chin and a bigger heart than green

and has showed that he feels great and more importantly, is effective at '68.
                lols... why wouldn't he feel great and be effective at 168 lbs? that's his division isn't it?

Johnson has a puncher's chance
                i honestly don't think johnson can dent froch's chin with one punch.

but I doubt Froch is a sitting duck or just stand and trades unless Johnson shows signs of fatigue in deep waters.
                froch gotta brawl with johnson. he needs to land his power punches and back johnson up. the one who gets worn down first loses.

Comment

actually you got it all wrong. styles make fights. froch needs to brawl w/ johnson, not box with him. no, he's shown a better chin and a bigger heart than green. lols... why wouldn't he feel great and be effective at 168 lbs? that's his division isn't it? i honestly don't think johnson can dent froch's chin with one punch. froch gotta brawl with johnson. he needs to land his power punches and back johnson up. the one who gets worn down first loses.
                  Why would Froch want to brawl with a guy who's been fighting at a higher weight than Froch has his whole career? Great logic, coach. Clearly you didn't watch Dawson-Johnson II or the rematch with Tarver. Johnson has trouble when guys outbox him and clinch with him. Johnson would love nothing more than for Froch to engage him in a brawl.

So what boxing ability have you witnessed from Allan Green throughout his career? Think about what you're posting, 'Green is a better boxer than Froch.' Great logic, coach.

Allan Green was complaining after the Ward fight that he can't make '68. Johnson hasn't been into the championship rounds at '68 since he last fought there pre-Green a decade ago. Clearly, '68 isn't Green's nor Johnson's weight class.

Comment

Working...
                  X