Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Talks Johnson, Froch, Kessler, Pavlik, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Talks Johnson, Froch, Kessler, Pavlik, More

Much fanfare will herald the final of the Super Six tournament in Atlantic City next month when Carl Froch and Andre Ward square off for the supposed status of the world's number one super-middleweight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bute has stolen their thunder? He has made a series of impressive defenses?

What a horrible article. I guess the writer doesn't realize how sad it is that Bute's best opponent to date is a 42-year-old who is coming off a loss. And who has lost 3 out of his last 5 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Bute has stolen their thunder? He has made a series of impressive defenses?

What a horrible article. I guess the writer doesn't realize how sad it is that Bute's best opponent to date is a 42-year-old who is coming off a loss. And who has lost 3 out of his last 5 fights.
      And has losses in the double digits.

Comment

Yeah. But according to this writer the winner of the Super 6 is merely the next in line to fight Bute???

Ridiculous.

Comment

The Super 6 winner does not need to fight Lucian Bute, and should not even consider it if Bute demands the fight be held in Canada.

If Bute isn't going to come to Las Vegas then he won't even be considered by Andre Ward, and as for Froch I am sure he would want the fight in Vegas as well and would possibly consider Atlantic City.

My guess is Bute will profess a willingness to travel, but when it comes right down to it he will shy away from leaving his safe zone.

I fully expect Ward to move up to 175 for a fight against Hopkins, Cloud, Dawson, Shumenov.... instead of haggling with Bute's team over location for their potential matchup.

Comment

After the supersix is over, the division still has plenty of great match-ups. It would be nice to see Bute and Kessler fight the 2 finalists and the winners of that fight should then square off to crown an undisputed champion.

Comment

I will start by saying that I really like Bute. I also believe that he doesn't get anywhere near the credit he should as a fighter on this forum. With that said, this article borders on the ridiculous. I will admit that the Super 6 has had its share of problems and let downs. However, how anyone can call it a contrived competition is beyond me? When it has succeeded in getting eight of the best fighters in a division to fight. That can't be a bad thing and any boxing fan with an ounce of sense knows that, especially with how the game of boxing is run today. As for the comment about Bute stealing the thunder from the Super 6, in my opinion it is actually the complete opposite. Because in reality the Super 6 tournament has been raining all over Bute's career for the past couple of years. But, with all that said, the winner of the Super 6 still needs to fight Bute. And if you don't think so I don't believe you are really a fan of the sport of boxing.

Comment

All boxing fans want to see Bute fight a good opponent for once. But let's get it straight, the Super 6 champion is not getting in line to fight him.

Bute is the one that should be dying to get a fight with an elite foe so that he can finally prove himself.

Comment

BS article. obviously nuthug! bute hasnt stolen ****. he has beaten nobodies and refused to leave his own back yard. ward and froch mess him up!

Comment

Strange on this forum here. Is it the fault of Bute if there was a super 6 going on?
                    Is it is fault if kessler refuse to fight him?
                    Is it Bute who put a case of beer in the face of Pavlik?
                    Being said who could he fought beside Kessler and Pavilk who ran away..
                    Taylor...Direll... Please give him a break and lets see the following year.

I think he is one of the best and the future will tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X