Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David Haye getting over-hyped and overrated again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
    Haye is the 3rd best HW that's why we want to see him fight Vitali simple really.
    well thats it in a nutshell really

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      Vitalis one arm excuses doesnt fly

Vitali said himself if Chisora was faster, he'd have been in a lot of trouble

So if fat arse Chisora can land on Vitali, Haye will have no problems

Vitalis chin is overrated, Lewis rocked him many times, when Haye lands on Dragos face, it'll be lights out

Vitali likes to slug it out, he doesnt use his jab like Wlad, he likes to fight on the inside, that will be his downfall against someone with fast hands and deadly power.

Vitali will be made too look very old in the ring, he is better off ducking...
      Vitali has already been looking very old anyway. Not like Haye would be exposing anything. Pre-retirement Vitali kills Haye. However, I favor Haye against current Vitali via points.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Sparrow View Post
        haye will not fight like chisora did against vitali though. he'll run like he did against wlad and valuev

Agreed. He could, however, run to a UD.

His style is different. Why would he box 'like' Chisora (i.e.absorbing punches)?
        Last edited by yoz; 07-17-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

He showed that he can potentially provide fireworks in a heavyweight fight. I don't think he was ever over hyped per say. I just think he frustrated everyone by not leaving it all on the table against Wlad. Many saw the potential for Haye to make Wlad uncomfortable and with all the build up he added it was frustrating to see what he actually did. People would have been happier if Haye got Koed leaving everything on the table because he would have probably made Wlad earn the KO. People shouldn't be so negative about Haye fighting Wlad in the future though because that rematch is more noteworthy than rematches against guys like Tony Thompson and Sam Peter at the point they took place.

Comment

I want to see the fight to see which route he'll take.

Then again vs vitali id assume he can land bombs.

Comment

Haye is what he is. Probably better than the rest but not enough to beat a Klitschko. His style which consists of staying on the outside and leaping in with fast combos can't overcome Wladimirs size and reach and only way for Haye to beat Vitali is if vitali gets old. Haye vs Povetkin would be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Sparrow View Post
                haye was looking knackered in there. he would've been in trouble if chisora wasn't stopped
                Don't agree, it was because of the pace and tempo Haye was fighting at, he looked knackered after every round but he conditioned his body for it and by the time the next round started he was fine. Bit like if you run 100m flat out, your blowing hard but you're not knackered.

I made a thread saying if Haye blew Chisora away would he get credit, no one said no he wouldn't. Haye looked good in there against a solid fighter who's probably a top 5 HW.

I'd like to see him fight Povetkin November time then Vitali March/April time, I think he'll win both and then he has massive confidence, maybe could go into a Wlad fight with a different gameplan. Don't forget Wlad would be 2 years older from when they last fought and COULD have slowed down.

Comment

he is probably the best HW outside the Klitscho's

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Funny how a fat as fcuk Tyson Fury beat his ass & took his '0' & got no credit yet Haye stops him in a fight he didn't exactly look spectacular in and people are praising the guy as if he just beat a prime Larry Holmes.
                    Good point.

Haye should go in with a previously undefeated heavyweight. He's never taken a single heavyweight "0".

Tyson Fury has taken four "0"s (Chisora, Pajkic, Nascimento, and Power).

Comment

Who else is there right now?

Comment

Working...
                      X