Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse? Floyd making little guys come up or Manny making larger guys come down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if Floyd is making Marquez move up in weight...
    JMM jumped at the chance to fight Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
      Not you again.
      Yep and not one of you hater dipsticks can address the content or debate me on it , you are an ignorant fuker that makes a lot of noise but says nothing .

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        I thought Pacquiao is known for jumping in weightclass to accomodate the opponent.

From SuperBantam he jumps 1 weightclass to challenge Barrera at feather.

Jumped from Feather to Superfeather to challenge Morales.

Jumped to Lghtweight to challenge Diaz.

Jumped 2 weightclasses to challenge Oscar.

Jumped to Lt Welter to challenge Hatton.
        pac jumps weight classes cause he can't make weight anymore. rite now he's comfy at 140 lbs.

Comment

Pacquiao and Mayweater are obviously the biggest draws. They call the shots. Their opponets NEED them, they don't need their oppenets.

Comment

pbf of course... thats 12 lbs.

Comment

Pacman who started at 106 already widely known for his bravery by moving up in weight 7 times. At 140 he already streched so much his limit. If any welterweight wants to fight him should be in catch weight because at 147 would a be suicide. Obviously at 5'6'' he's too short and have a small body frame if you compare him to them. On fight night, the welterweight will outweight him by at least 10 lbs then you add the reach and height advantages. He has zero whatsoever advantage up there and will gonna be ko silly. Anybody wants him to fight 147 are just wanted him to lost.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                Pacman who started at 106 already widely known for his bravery by moving up in weight 7 times. At 140 he already streched so much his limit. If any welterweight wants to fight him should be in catch weight because at 147 would a be suicide. Obviously at 5'6'' he's too short and have a small body frame if you compare him to them. On fight night, the welterweight will outweight him by at least 10 lbs then you add the reach and height advantages. He has zero whatsoever advantage up there and will gonna be ko silly. Anybody wants him to fight 147 are just wanted him to lost.
                Why discuss weigh-in weight and ignore what they actually fight at when discussing size , you got that ignoramus disease as well I see !

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  pac jumps weight classes cause he can't make weight anymore. rite now he's comfy at 140 lbs.
                  maybe when he jumped from 112 to 122 and last year from 130.

pacquiao jumped from 122 to 126 to 130 within about 16 months , pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                    Floyd wants Featherweights to jump up multiple weight divisions to fight him at 147lbs.

Manny wants Welterweights to drop a couple of pounds to a catch weight of 144 (plus or minus a pound or two).

WHAT IS WORSE?
                    heres the thing, you still consider JMM a featherweight, even though he hasnt fought there in 3 years and fights at 135 now

but you still consider floyd a full fledged WW picking on the little guys, when he came up from 130

Comment

I think Pac only did it once to ODLH, but Pac moved up for that fight, as well and to a real division, while PBF has done it once with Hatton and now is fighting at a catchweight with JMM, so that's twice.

I say PBF is worse. Pacquiao has never fought at a catchweight.

Regardless, a catchweight fight is wrong for the sport, because I think they're taking money from other deserving boxers who fight in true weight classes, especially ones with titles on the line.

Floyd should fight deserving WW's. He has made enough money fighting who he wants to fight, he should at least share some opportunities with other fighters who have great potential but don't have the name to fight him. There are alot of good fighters out there struggling to make decent coin, at least give them a piece of the pie.

I wouldn't mind seeing PBF vs. Shane, PWILL and Cotto.

In the same vein, I hope Manny gives Bradley or Nate a chance at his JW title or he could move up to 147 and challenge either Shane, Cotto or Berto for a WW title.

Pac vs PBF should happen at either 140 or 147, **** the catchweight, it's bad for boxing.
                      Last edited by koboy; 05-19-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X