No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Denies Return: I Wish I Could, But I Can't

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Denies Return: I Wish I Could, But I Can't

Oscar De La Hoya recently fueled speculations of him coming out of retirement with a few tweets he’s posted the last couple days. On Sunday, De La Hoya tweeted “I’m really confident I can do some damage to any 54 pounder in the world, except “Saul Canelo Alvarez”.

Early yesterday morning De La Hoya tweeted two photographs of himself in a warm up suit and looking like he had been training. People immediately began suspecting the Golden Boy might be planning a comeback.
    [Click Here To Read More]

De la Hoya Vs Morales! I kid. I kid

Comment

dela hoya never did like to train much, probably thought it was more mental than physical. if he does decide to return to the ring, he should build up his stamina since he never did have stamina to last 12 rounds. i do hope he comes back, probably 154 or 160, but i think it's very unlikely

Comment

out of all the HOF fighters that retired these past 5 years dlh had more left in the tank...

however, he does like fighting at a top level and few people believe he can still compete there, including me

Comment

I'm not sure he had much left in the tank. He's been fighting top level opposition for a really long time. Who DIDNT he fight? The Forbes fight he looked like that should have been his last fight..let alone fighting Pac later.

Comment

Why tarnish a great image??

Oscar is doing well not fighting why risk it? Money fame his own company?

Comment

I think Oscar should have fought once more after the Pacquiao loss, but what difference does it make, really? Guy had an awesome career, is and always will be a poster child for the sport, and has a hugely successful promotional company. The Golden Boy did well.

Comment

I am sure fighters miss the glamour, the attention, the hype, the money, the preparation, etc. It's like living out a real life action hero story, going into battle to win the day.

However, he has nothing to prove. He's fought the best. Yes, he's lost to the top P4P fighters in their primes that he's fought. But he's at least fought them..

Hopkins - Top P4P
                Trinidad - Top P4P
                Mosley x2 - Top P4P
                Mayweather - Top P4P
                Pacquiao - Top P4P

Not to mention some names, older fighters and reaches...

Vargas
                Chavez Sr.
                Sturm
                Whitaker
                Quartey
                Hernandez
                Carr
                Gonzales
                Gatti
                Ruelas
                Leija
                Camacho

Comment

Oscar he know he damn lie. He doesn't want to get back in that ring. You're legacy is sealed, and you make an ass of money without getting punched in the face. All that tweet was, was him promoting mentoree

Comment

Oscar was a bad ass fighter in his prime!!
                    Last edited by RIZO24; 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X