Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Gets His Vindication After Feeling Disrespected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Gets His Vindication After Feeling Disrespected

By Francisco Salazar - This was not in the script. Or at least, Jhonny Gonzalez was not supposed to score what would probably be one of the biggest upsets of the year so far in 2013.

But it did happen because Gonzalez had his own ending in mind. Gonzalez not only dropped Mares, but proved at 31 years of age - his career is far from over. And now, he has a world title belt as a bargaining chip in future negotiations for fights down the road.

Gonzalez stopped the heavy-favorite Mares in the first round of their scheduled bout at the Stubhub Center in Carson, CA.

Mares told BoxingScene.com in an interview before the fight that he respected Gonzalez’s punching power and experience in the ring.

However, very few members of the media and fans felt Gonzalez would be able to keep up with the younger and faster Mares. [Click Here To Read More]

... "Dear God, deliver me from my friends, because I can deliver from my enemies myself..."
    Last edited by MDPopescu; 08-25-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I find it amusing all I have read is how great mares is and pound for pound this and that and he folds like a tent easily. he is young and will bounce back. maybe gonzalez, santa cruz, rigendoux and donaire can have a round robin. this site is guilty of fighthype for mares and other fighters who are not proven against the best.

Comment

Originally posted by theproof View Post
        I find it amusing all I have read is how great mares is and pound for pound this and that and he folds like a tent easily. he is young and will bounce back. maybe gonzalez, santa cruz, rigendoux and donaire can have a round robin. this site is guilty of fighthype for mares and other fighters who are not proven against the best.
        Karma for Mares/Agbeko 1

Comment

... Rather Mares instead of Gonzalez.

Comment

Mares has proven himself against top competition. That's why last night was so shocking. His last six opponents have been very tough.

Comment

why did the ref stop the fight? 5 seconds to go in the round, give him the 10 count, dam!

Comment

this is what i have been seeing with canelo as well....guy gets hyped up to the moon by gbp and all the other media for barely doing anything significant and looking mediocre against trout....and people buy into it....

canelo is going to get exposed HARD against floyd........

Comment

Boxing won big time with Mares getting KO'd

What a great upset and a great win for Gonzalez in the stunning KO over Mares.

Comment

They couldve given him a solid like the ref from England did for Cleverly. Pick him up and walk him to his corner.

Mares will be back.

Comment

Working...
                    X