No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Wawrzyk, Lebedev-Jones Early Fight Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Wawrzyk, Lebedev-Jones Early Fight Results

Russian middleweight Arif Magomedov (5-0, 4 KOs) kicked off the big Moscow fight night in style and notched his fifth consecutive victory in 2013, stopping unusually dangerous Columbian opponent Segundo Herrera in three thrilling rounds. Herrera, 36 and just 4-22-2, with a single kayo, coming into this bout, proved to be considerably better than his record suggests. In the first, he was within a punch from an upset, after dropping Magomedov twice with huge counter hooks. In the second, the local fighter, 20 and fighting just five months as a pro, started to overcome this sudden adversity by going hard to Herrera's body. Attention, paid to the ribs, spleen and liver of the Columbian, has worked off in the third stanza, when Magomedov firstly weakened his for with constant pressure and then finished him off at approximately 1:46 of the round with a crushing left hook to the liver.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hope Troyanovsky steps up soon, he looked good.

Comment

I hope Lebedev gets KOed badly. He only fights guys from **********.org (and don't go to that site if you don't know what it is).

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
        I hope Lebedev gets KOed badly. He only fights guys from **********.org (and don't go to that site if you don't know what it is).
        Not exactly sure what you're getting at?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          Not exactly sure what you're getting at?
          Three of his last five opponents have been the wrong side of 40, and another was 38.

Comment

Three of his last five opponents have been the wrong side of 40, and another was 38.
            Yes and before that he fought and arguably beat Marco Huck and before that he fought Alekseev. His last fight he fought an undefeated 28 year old Columbian and the Jones fight is a mandatory, blame WBA not Lebedev for that one. In fact Jones is/was the "real" champ.

Comment

I'm not giving a guy credit now because he used to fight decent opponents before finding easy money at the OAP home, sorry.

Comment

I'm not giving a guy credit now because he used to fight decent opponents before finding easy money at the OAP home, sorry.
                I'm not saying a guy fights guys from lemon party for fighting 3 old man when his last opponent/ fight was young and undefeated and his current opponent is a mandatory, and without even knowing who he'll fight next, sorry.

No problems. Cheers.

Comment

After his last 2 fights, I still don't have a measure on Povetkin, Wawrzyk was basically a giant punching bag for Pov.

I'm pretty sure Wawryzk landed less then 10 punches on Povetkin. I don't know who was worse, Wawryzk or Pieneta.

Comment

Well done Sasha.

Now it's time for a big pay day.

Comment

Working...
                    X