No announcement yet.

Q&A: Andre Dirrell Targeting Ward, Froch, Abraham After Signing With 50 Cent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I'm just saying you'd think they'd want Froch to avenge what appeared to be a loss.
    Personally, I think the majority of Froch fans could do without seeing him fight Ward, Bute or Dirrell again yet most are very keen to see him fight Kessler again.

I think the main reason is the Kessler bout was a competitive foty candidate, while the other three were either not competitive, not entertaining or both.

Down the line if Froch is offered enough money I can see him rematching Dirrell but imo AD will have to earn the fight and make it an attractive bout on paper for the fans.

Comment

He has done nothing to earn a Froch fight. He has to work his way back up. He will get nothing served by the europeans.

Comment

Thats what's up let hope he stays active.

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
          Lets see what he does now; he claims he has the promotion he wants; now lets see if he fights like it.
          He has 50 and Floyd promoting him, he will get big fights for sure. He beat Abraham and was robbed vs Froch.......
          Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-27-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            If Dirrell gets his head screwed on correctly and stops flaking out he could be something else as a fighter, exceptionally skilled, just a bit wobbly up stairs. But maybe this new TMT team he's in will give him some mental confidence

I can't be the only person that when they read TMT thinks....

.....or maybe I am? lol
            Why not TNT aka dynamite
            Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

He had his chance against all three and he blew it. Against Froch he fought a horrible fight, giving the ugliest performance in boxing.

In the Abraham fight he quit while he was ahead giving an awful acting performance to avoid getting caught in the final rounds.

He didn't even show up for the Ward fight. He got his doctor to make him an excuse(neurological issues). We all know the excuse is bs because if he really had the neurological issues he claims to have he would never step in the ring again.

That's 3 missed opportunities Dirrell had to prove himself, and those 3 fights were back to back. Now he wants to fight the same guys again. What a joke.

Comment

This is the main part that confuses everyone. Why would you form Team Dirrell Promotions and then "Sign" to another Promotional company? Why would you drop Al Haymon but sign to a Promotional Company in which Al Haymon helps oversee?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  I wasn't talking about TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    This is the main part that confuses everyone. Why would you form Team Dirrell Promotions and then "Sign" to another Promotional company? Why would you drop Al Haymon but sign to a Promotional Company in which Al Haymon helps oversee?
                    Trust in Mayweather/50 Cent? 50 will end up snaking Dirrell imo. Purely in terms of their love of money, I can't think of two worse guys to sign with (well maybe Arum/King but it's not far off), they've already fought twice over money themselves.

Comment

Dirrell is a talented fighter he has the skills to beat the top guys at 168 including Ward can't wait to see him and Gamboa get back in the ring

Comment

Working...
                      X