Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Approached For Ortiz, Talks Training, Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Approached For Ortiz, Talks Training, Amir Khan

After a deserved resting period in his native Argentina, WBA super lightweight champion Marcos Maidana travelled to Oxnard last Monday to join his new trainer Robert Garcia. “El Chino” had a great welcome by his gym-mates including Brandon Rios. [Click Here To Read More]

@147, Ortiz stops Maidana.

PM me for bets!

Comment

The Problem is Fixed!!!!

The problem is fixed, Khan vs Ortiz at Staples Center June 23rd. Both of them are ready to fight and both of them are promoted by Golden Boy. What else is missing???
      Last edited by nando72; 05-19-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nando72 View Post
        The problem is fixed, Khan vs Ortiz at Staples Center. June 23rd Both of them are ready for a fight and both of them are promoted by Golden Boy. What else is missing???

One is HBO the other is Showtime may be the problem.

Comment

Why don't they just push June 23rd to July 7th, and make Khan-Ortiz at Staples. That way the people who bought tickets don't get f**ked and it gives both 7 weeks or so to get ready for each other. And the winner would no doubt be in line and a legit fight for Floyd Mayweather. They could also push Soto-Matthysse and Arreola to the date as well.

If they don't do that, I have no problem with Maidana. Ortiz was trying to get a Maidana rematch for 1-2 years to no avail, this would be a war and a good replacement. They should do it at like 144 though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Why don't they just push June 23rd to July 7th, and make Khan-Ortiz at Staples. That way the people who bought tickets don't get f**ked and it gives both 7 weeks or so to get ready for each other. And the winner would no doubt be in line and a legit fight for Floyd Mayweather. They could also push Soto-Matthysse and Arreola to the date as well.

If they don't do that, I have no problem with Maidana. Ortiz was trying to get a Maidana rematch for 1-2 years to no avail, this would be a war and a good replacement. They should do it at like 144 though.
            HBO and Showtime would have to come to an agreement. They both used a large portion of their boxing budget to land these cancelled fights.

Maybe a joint PPV would work to make up some of that lost revenue.

Comment

There's no way they'll make Ortiz-Khan right now. Khan does not want to debut at 147 against someone as dangerous as Ortiz -- especially on relatively short notice.

Ortiz-Maidana would be a solid replacement. Honestly, I'd prefer Ortiz-Alexander though. Chino is coming off a loss and it just seems like an easy fight for Ortiz right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nando72 View Post
                The problem is fixed, Khan vs Ortiz at Staples Center June 23rd. Both of them are ready to fight and both of them are promoted by Golden Boy. What else is missing???
                Khan and Ortiz would be epic! lol

Comment

Showtime always getting focked over. They put all their faith in Berto v Ortiz. First Berto gets hurt then he pisses hot. Showtime always a bridesmaid never a bride.

Comment

It would be!!! That's why I say problem resolved. Let both of them fight!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X