Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see the Martinez fight yet but I did notice that Chavez, as great as he is does seem to have a somewhat low work rate in most of his fights. Am I in the minority or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
      I didn't see the Martinez fight yet but I did notice that Chavez, as great as he is does seem to have a somewhat low work rate in most of his fights. Am I in the minority or no?
      His style is to pressure, but I agree that his work-rate isn't intimidating, it's his size advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
        I didn't see the Martinez fight yet but I did notice that Chavez, as great as he is does seem to have a somewhat low work rate in most of his fights. Am I in the minority or no?
        Oddly enough, some (including Roach) were questioning Martinez's work rate for this fight, as he tends to take off a few rounds every fight.

At the risk of spoiling your first view, Martinez's output was ridiculous...flashes of a prime, war-machine Pacquiao in there. Not often, but nearly everytime it looked like Chavez Jr might have Martinez in trouble, he broke out in a furious barrage of punches, the majority of which landed.

Comment

• sergio broke chavez face.

Comment

• Mintcar, "Chavez as great as he is"??? You gotta be shytting me! In no way shape, or form is Chavez Jr great. Let me remind you Martinez is the first quality fighter he has ever fought and he lost badly. Jr has too many technical flaws to be fixed and he will NEVER approach greatness

Comment

• That excitement in that 12th round just never seems to go away. Watched it so many times and get goosebumps every single time. Definitely a fight I'll add to my DVD collection.

Comment

• HBO's replay of last weekend's fight begins in about 11 minutes. If for some reason you haven't watched this yet, you need to. The 12th round.... can't quite be put into words.

Comment

• Search on google "HBO streaming live" and you should be able to watch the replay. Enjoy!

Comment

• If caught him. Now will see a rematch with sergio older and hopefully chavez trains better and we see a closer fight. Amazing ending though.

Comment

• I noticed that at the end of round 4 Martinez caught him good that made Chavez go to the ropes off balance, almost like the way he caught Williams in the first fight. Makes me wonder if the ropes weren't so close if Chavez would have been enough out of balance to have fallen or at least put is glove down on the canvas to hold himself up. Oh well, awesome fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X