Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice the dead silence after the ref gave cotto a breather to tie his glove

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
    Yep, that was a special treatment. Ref's usually tells the corner of the fighter to do it quick but that is the first time i heard ref said that.

I think they all thought it odd as well. I also think they didn't realize that he was wired for sound.
    Knowing that Cotto gases I thought it was unfair.

Comment

What about at the end of the fight while the ref was talking to the doctor about the fight. The corner was still working on Margarito's eye when the 1 minute break was already over

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
        I thought about that too but it had been only 40 seconds into the round. He should have been more harsh than that no? Take your time?
        When they started to wrap the glove they were rushing it looked. Smoger probably wanted it done the first time instead of a sloppy fix and having to stop the fight again. It was a breather for both.

At the end the ref wanted another round! Haha.

Comment

Well that I can understand. I think everyone wanted the fight to continue and they were ALL pleading for another round which they didn't get. Any coach would do the same thing incase the fight does continue.

But I'm talking about actually calling a time out during a round that just started to fix glove tape and telling the corner to take their time instead of a reprimand. It was obviously a tactic done by his corner to buy time. Even if it was not the case and the tape got loose by itself it should be the train of thought for the ref. Like spitting out the mouth piece.

Comment

I do remember the timeout for a wet spot in the Mosley fight.

Comment

I was there and it was obvious that they wanted to give Cotto a breather.

Its hard for him to Loose in MSG.

Comment

Oh well I guess its just the way boxing is when you're fighting on your home turf.

Comment

and this dude is still holding on to the mosley fight. crazy.

Comment

Working...
                  X