No announcement yet.

Tesla Model S Voted "Car Of The Year" By Motor Trend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Yeah, the seats do look like hard plastic , Matchbox car style.
    throw in some old school bench seats in the front and back then we talking comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      throw in some old school bench seats in the front and back then we talking comfortable.
      I suppose the judges took ride comfort into consideration during testing rounds.

Not sure if it's as comfortable, though ...

That's what gave kids ADHD to begin with.

Here's another cool feature ...

ALL GLASS
      PANORAMIC ROOF

"With the All Glass Panoramic Roof, Model S is the only sedan capable of delivering a convertible-like drive experience every day. It's more than a sunroof: the entire roof is constructed from lightweight safety glass. With a simple swipe of the Touchscreen, it opens wider than any other sedan's panoramic roof. On even the hottest days, the innovative glass keeps the cabin comfortable."

Blocks 98% Visible Light - 81% Heat

The damn car key

Comment

I suppose the judges took ride comfort into consideration during testing rounds.

Not sure if it's as comfortable, though ...

That's what gave kids ADHD to begin with.

Here's another cool feature ...

ALL GLASS
        PANORAMIC ROOF

"With the All Glass Panoramic Roof, Model S is the only sedan capable of delivering a convertible-like drive experience every day. It's more than a sunroof: the entire roof is constructed from lightweight safety glass. With a simple swipe of the Touchscreen, it opens wider than any other sedan's panoramic roof. On even the hottest days, the innovative glass keeps the cabin comfortable."

Blocks 98% Visible Light - 81% Heat

The damn car key

you didn't really think I meant a park bench...right? I meant this...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          you didn't really think I meant a park bench...right? I meant this...

I know, I was just hackin' on ya.

Those old bench chairs bring back memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Absolutely as battery technology improves electric only cars become much more practical.

There are still plenty of emissions produced in producing that electricity at the moment, mainly due to our unwillingness to follow in the footsteps of the French and expand nuclear (which they use to produce 80% of theirs.)

mainly due to the power of a few gigantic oil and coal companies as well..

those guys have massive influence.

nuclear energy isnt the only form of energy without emissions, either, as i'm sure you're aware

the wind, tides, flowing water [a river,] the sun, there's plenty of it out there. we've just got to come up with capitalist solutions for making it happen. and i think we can.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

nuclear energy isnt the only form of energy without emissions, either, as i'm sure you're aware

the wind, tides, flowing water [a river,] the sun, there's plenty of it out there. we've just got to come up with capitalist solutions for making it happen. and i think we can.
              Of course there are other solutions, but nothing that can produce the immense power of nuclear as quickly, cheaply, efficiently and cleanly as nuclear. We're getting there with wind and solar, but there are always issues with birds being killed by wind turbines, eco systems being damaged by hydroelectric dams, transmission lines, etc.

Natural gas is another one that is hugely abundant and significantly cleaner than coal, but the push to eliminate all fossil fuels yesterday blocks the way. I like the idea to convert semi trucks to NG, saving about 2.5 million barrels of oil per day (about 1/8 of our total consumption,) but I'm sure oil companies are blocking that one.
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

They've got a highly ambitious and forward thinking group of innovators at Tesla. Kinda like the Apple of the automotive industry. They look to hiring the very best. Their main objective is to produce the best all around cars on the road ...

Comment

Model S performance test drive!!

Comment

Model S performance test drive!!

damn, man!

that thing looks legit.

do they make on in AWD?
                    and is the current model front or rear drive?

Comment

damn, man!

that thing looks legit.

do they make on in AWD?
                      and is the current model front or rear drive?
                      Seems to accelerate like rocket.

It's a rear wheel at the moment.

These are the powertrain specs ...

Powertrain

"Model S is a rear wheel drive electric vehicle.
                      The liquid-cooled powertrain includes the battery, motor, drive inverter, and gear box. 40 kWh microprocessor controlled, lithium-ion battery
                      Three phase, four pole AC induction motor with copper rotor
                      Drive inverter with variable frequency drive and regenerative braking system
                      Single speed fixed gear with 9.73:1 reduction ratio"

Comment

Working...
                      X