Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knowledgeable NFL fans: Should Zach Thomas be inducted in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowledgeable NFL fans: Should Zach Thomas be inducted in the Hall of Fame?

Might possibly be the best undersized MLB in the modern era. He was 5'11'', and only 225. That is tiny for a middle linebacker.

Anyway, through the first 13 seasons of their career, Thomas had more tackles, forced fumbles, and touchdowns than Ray Lewis. Lewis had more sacks, and INTs. I think Lewis is definitely the best linebacker of our era, so I think he's a good measuring stick to gauge Thomas. Also keep in mind Ray Lewis is 6'1'', 250, your prototypical size for a MLB - well, maybe an inch shorter.

Zach never really got the recognition he deserved because he played mainly in a post-Marino era in Miami, on teams that never were standout. But he was as consistent as any player has ever been; his longevity, especially for being so undersized, and at such a physically demanding position, is crazy. . . with only one season heavily plagued by injuries (played 5 games, and still had 52 tackles!).

Here are Zach's career stats:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...85/zach-thomas

Comment

Yes and he will be inducted eventually.

I met him about 7-8 years ago when I used to work in the Mall and he was mad cool and humble. Kinda short guy, but ****in stacked like a mofo (at least then)

Comment

Definitely. Won't be first-ballot, but will make it.

Though, I'm boycotting the HoF until Steve Tasker makes it. Special teams are 1/3 of the game.

Comment

If you put him in the hall you'd have to consider putting in a guy like London Fletcher as well, who IMO, is/was a better overall LB than Thomas.

But I'd say yes to Thomas off the fact that he was one of the best in the pros as well at the collegiate level with Texas Tech

Comment

Damn, that brings me back. I used to hate Zack Thomas, being a Pats fan, but at the same time I couldn't help but respect him. Who knows if he'll get into the HOF, every HOF sucks.

Comment

Zach Thomas was solid...he was Miami's Junior Seau...he'll get in

Comment

Why wouldnt he? Hes pretty much a lock.

Comment

I used to always trade for him in Madden and I think he has the career record for sacks in a season when he was on my team... for that alone he deserves in

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Why wouldnt he? Hes pretty much a lock.
                    I agree he should be a lock. . But you never know with the NFL hall of fame. They're ****ing stingy. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X