No announcement yet.

According to Todd "The official bout agreement isn't signed yet"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    I can guarantee that TR will change their ways if this fight doesn't go through. Todd says its standard practice to be unsign, you can change as of March 5 2012.
    Seems like a silly thing to be standard practice.

Why even have guy's agree to fight if nothing is signed and they can just bounce if something better comes along? Even more unusual, why put tickets on sale before it's official? Just seems strange to sell people something that doesn't yet exist...Bob Arum really could sell water to a well.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
      I feel sorry for the fans that made plans and bought tickets for a fight that "wasn't signed' . Why sell tickets then?
      its same people that sold tickets for Cotto vs Margarito when Marg wasn't licensed Toprank are really the worst promoters in boxing today

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
        I feel sorry for the fans that made plans and bought tickets for a fight that "wasn't signed' . Why sell tickets then?
        That's the worst part, now I don't know if the tickets are non refundable, but this will bite TR on a$$ if Gamboa has other plans.

Comment

why put tickets on sell before getting contracts signed?

Comment

I thought everyone knew this.

Comment

If people really believe Gamboa is going to ditch this fight andd top rank your mad ******ed.

Top rank has a contract with Gamboa. Look at the Donaire situation. If gamboa ditches this fight while under top rank contract he can kiss his career good bye. We wont see him fight for a long time.

Comment

Yup. His career is over and done with.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Mayweather can't offer him **** really. He just leeches off of GBP, but at least he'll be on a PPV card w/ Mayweather and get better fights perhaps. GBP have no problem having their fighters step up.

I still want the Gamboa/Rios fight since I think Gamboa can win it, but I think he has second thoughts on how his career has gone.
                  Really?..well tell me why in 39 pro fights Miguel Cottos purse for the Mayweather bout is more than any of his previous 39 fights with Top Rank?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    That's the worst part, now I don't know if the tickets are non refundable, but this will bite TR on a$$ if Gamboa has other plans.
                    I think the event will still come off with Rios fighting someone else, the card is subject to change~ so no refunds.

It pretty much sounds like a bait and switch though, if they knew there were issues and Top Rank aren't idiots so I have to assume they atleast had a clue that everything wasn't rosey.

Really blame the guy that will get nothing but shit or the promotional company that will still make money probably more paying an opponent less.

Comment

so this is why gamboa was requesting more money, if you guys knew how much gamboa is making for the fight ur jaws would fuking drop

Comment

Working...
                      X