No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa vs Rios is Possible For 2012, Says Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa vs Rios is Possible For 2012, Says Bob Arum

NEW YORK — As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Brandon Rios will defend his WBA lightweight title on the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito undercard Dec. 3 at Madison Square Garden. [Click Here To Read More]

Seems like it would be huge step up for Gamboa if he jumps straight into this fight at 135lbs.

He should have a tune up @ 135 first.

Question is, will Rios still be at 135? Last I heard, Rios wanted to go to 140lbs

Comment

Im tired of Arum mentioning all these super fights he "MIGHT" make. . . none of them have ever come into fruition. . . Arum - you really starting to piss me off you piggly sum*****.

Comment

I like the options for Rios for the MSG bout. He is the only champ right now fighting young strong opponents. Besides Soto I don't see to much competition for him in that weight class, maybe Broner

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          Im tired of Arum mentioning all these super fights he "MIGHT" make. . . none of them have ever come into fruition. . . Arum - you really starting to piss me off you piggly sum*****.
          Arum has been doing that since I remember. Thats why I never care what he has to say. He will say 2 or 3 different versions of the same topic

Comment

I like the idea I'd have to lean in favor of Gamboa though. But lets see if this fight even happens.

Comment

If Gamboa jumps to '35 my $ is on Rios...2 divisions and he has to lose something &eventually Brandon's gonna walk'm down...

Comment

according to victor conte is gamboa goes that high up in weight he must be on steriods

Comment

I been waiting for these 2 to get at it for a while! But Ill believe it when I see it! But this fight wld be electric! Wow! I'm gna lean toward Gamboa on this one! Gamboa just has to stop fightin like he's in the amateurs still, gotta capatalize more instead of poppin off a few nice counterpunches than backin away as if he just wants to get points! The guy has over 300 amateur fights! That's way way too much! Ur tendencies are hard to break! If He keeps the pressure on he can win! That is what Rios is good at! He keeps at it, relentless, but think Gamboa is too too strong! But be a sick fight regardless!

Comment

If this fight happens, which I hope it does, I think Rios takes it.

But if Gamboa carries his power from the lower weights, I might give him a shot.

I want Rios matched against Maidana. Someone that can take it as good as they dish it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X