Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to boxing, coach thinks im no good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a slow learner or a bad listener? People will often have more patience for someone who can't quite get the hang of it, but is willing to try and take in all the information they can. People have little patience for someone who gets all ADD and starts throwing a bunch of incorrect hooks and uppercuts when all they were supposed to do is throw a jab. Especially if you've spent a bunch of time showing them how to do it.

That or he's just busy, and if you work hard, he'll notice... if he doesn't, he's a douche.
    (working hard doesn't mean 1 week of busting ass then getting pissed if he doesn't notice, it means a lifetime of being focused and working/training hard at everything you do)

Comment

first off this guy doesnt sound too legit but unfortunately you arent going to get better by doing the same combos every day for hours you need to first start with just working the jabs and right straights then find out what kind of fighter you would be like are you tall or short? powerful or fast? and then make your style around that and do your homework and find out what kind of shots you should be focusing on for example a short power hitter like tyson would do body shots, uppercuts, and hooks(of course still practicing other jabs) and a tall fast guy like ali would really focus on jabs and right cross' and also dont jump into 8 punch combos like just do 3 or 4 punches for example do just a jab a few times then a jab and right a few times then a jab a right n a left hook n build up from there and eventually doing a lot more punches depending on your style and your really got speak up. if youre a quiet little ***** the trainers arent going to want to train with you cuz they dont know what youre thinking like maybe you dnt care about boxing and just wanna get in shape so really speak up ask questions, ask for help, do lots of running, pullups, pushups, and whiel you first start dont lift weights itll slow you down in the beginning. trust me on this one guy, my trainer was trained by teddy atlas and im his only client so he teaches me a lot

Comment

Working...
      X