Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price's Trainer: We'd Demolish Tyson Fury in Two!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price's Trainer: We'd Demolish Tyson Fury in Two!

Franny Smith, trainer of David Price (12-0, 10KOs), lashed out at Tyson Fury (18-0, 13KOs), who recently took a few verbal swipes at Price. Smith is not impressed with Fury at all. Price was at one time ordered to face Fury for the British heavyweight title, but Fury vacated the crown. This Saturday, Price faces Sam Sexton (15-2, 6KOs) for the vacant British title at the Aintree Equestrian Centre in Liverpool. Smith considers Sexton to be a much tougher test than Fury.

[Click Here To Read More]

Smith is absolutely on the money here, it would be so one-sided it wouldn't even be funny. Can't believe people are being fooled into thinking Fury is a decent prospect, he's an accident waiting to happen.

If Chisora had taken their fight seriously he would have demolished him. Price is head and shoulders above Fury in every respect, KO within four rounds. That's why Channel Five want nothing to do with it, to the extent that NOBODY was allowed to mention David Price on Channel Five after Fury's fight with Rogan.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
      Smith is absolutely on the money here, it would be so one-sided it wouldn't even be funny. Can't believe people are being fooled into thinking Fury is a decent prospect, he's an accident waiting to happen.

If Chisora had taken their fight seriously he would have demolished him. Price is head and shoulders above Fury in every respect, KO within four rounds. That's why Channel Five want nothing to do with it, to the extent that NOBODY was allowed to mention David Price on Channel Five after Fury's fight with Rogan.
      I think the issue here is that Price is negotiating with Sky for a ppview deal. Channel 5 know that Price - Fury would be a big deal and possibly might be too expensive for the channel to afford/promote. It really depends on Fury's contract with them etc. There may also be the issue that the broadcaster's were informed not to ask about Price to keep the Fury camp happy. etc.

At the end of the day, we don't really know how good any of these guys are until they step up their level of competition. But for what it's worth, I think Fury is showing a renewed level of determination now. He's in good shape and is keeping active, nowhere near the bum he's made out to be on here, but still lacking in experience.

Comment

As much as I like fury your right he's a disaster waiting to happen but he is entertaining it was funny watching his earlier interviews talking about becoming world champion and he was in such bad shape me and my dad used to laugh at him but it's clear he has improved a lot maybe if he punches himself now he'll ko himself, he's such a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
          I think the issue here is that Price is negotiating with Sky for a ppview deal. Channel 5 know that Price - Fury would be a big deal and possibly might be too expensive for the channel to afford/promote. It really depends on Fury's contract with them etc. There may also be the issue that the broadcaster's were informed not to ask about Price to keep the Fury camp happy. etc.
          This and the fact Mick Hennessy is Fury's promoter.
          Last edited by yoz; 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
            But for what it's worth, I think Fury is showing a renewed level of determination now. He's in good shape and is keeping active, nowhere near the bum he's made out to be on here, but still lacking in experience.
            Well I'd never call any fighter a bum, and you're right, he is in better shape these days and is staying active. But I think Mick Hennessy is an awful promoter and is managing Fury in such a shoddy way. After the Rogan fight he claimed Fury was within a few fights of being able to challenge the Klitschkos, but there's clearly a reluctance on his part to match him against stiff domestic competition in Price, or against any of the top 10 heavyweights.

It's a damning indictment of the way the heavyweight division works a lot of the time these days... promoters look to guard their fighters' unbeaten records in the hope of an eventual fight against a Klitschko, rather than really testing them with a view to genuine progression.

Sadly Fury has started to believe the hype all too quickly, he seems to think he's within reach of the big guys, but he's nowhere near.

Comment

Sadly Fury has started to believe the hype all too quickly, he seems to think he's within reach of the big guys, but he's nowhere near.
              He's been calling out Povetkin for about 8 months now; doubt it'll ever happen. Both are protected.

Comment

I think Price would beat Fury, but I dont believe Sexton is a tougher fight than Fury. That's rubbish. Sexton is basic in every way. At least Fury can match Price's size.

Comment

say what you will about fury but he has wins over nicolai firtha, neven pajkic & derrick chisora & rogan which is better then anyone on price's resume. mcdermott & butler are his best opposition yet. sexton will be his toughest opponent. it's not fury's fault chisora showed up overweight. price needs to get past sexton first before he starts opening his mouth. price doesn't bring anything to the table yet. fighting price is what i wanted to see but i've followed boxing long enough to know they ain't fighting for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    say what you will about fury but he has wins over nicolai firtha, neven pajkic & derrick chisora & rogan which is better then anyone on price's resume. mcdermott & butler are his best opposition yet. sexton will be his toughest opponent. it's not fury's fault chisora showed up overweight. price needs to get past sexton first before he starts opening his mouth. price doesn't bring anything to the table yet. fighting price is what i wanted to see but i've followed boxing long enough to know they ain't fighting for awhile.
                    Fury does have the better resume, but Price the better potential. This fight should be made within a year or so if both keep winning. Personally I feel Price will be the best of the up and coming big men.

Comment

Working...
                    X