No announcement yet.

Vitali is so much better than Wlad it's ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Looking better is one thing, your opposition is another. Vitali's resume is so unimpressive..I don't know. Wladimir deserves a lot more credit than he gets on these boards.
    Both of them get credit by some, Vitali was the more respected brother and maybe still is but after the Haye fight Wladimir has gotten a lot more respect as he should he was very impressive. The other thing is Wladimir is 35, he is in his prime and can still achieve a lot more.

Comment

I completely disagree.

I think Wladimir is the much better brother.

The only thing I would say Vitali has better than Wlad is his chin.

If Wlad had the chin of Vitali he would superior in every catergory.

I think Wlad has the better skills, technical ability, power, defense, technique etc.

The only reason I think Vitali would fare better against the ATG's than Wlad is solely because of his chin. Otherwise I would give Wlad the much better chance than I would Vitali.

And Wlad also has the far better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Looking better is one thing, your opposition is another. Vitali's resume is so unimpressive..I don't know. Wladimir deserves a lot more credit than he gets on these boards.
        That's true, but even with many common opponents Vitali looks better. I give Wlad the credit I'd give any champion who cleans out his division the way he has, and he will be remembered better 20 years from now, but he is damn lucky Vitali got hurt and had to take a break. Otherwise their roles would be reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I completely disagree.

I think Wlad has the better skills, technical ability, power, defense, technique etc.

The only reason I think Vitali would fare better against the ATG's than Wlad is solely because of his chin. Otherwise I would give Wlad the much better chance than I would Vitali.

I tend to agree with Irondanhamza on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
            he is way past prime
            you need to watch some of his older fights

he's legs are gone, other than that, i agree, vitali is much better than wlad, prime 4 prime, not as it stands today tho
            I've seen Vitali's older fights, it's just hard to see much of a difference though. You can't see he is far out of his prime, he is dominating his opponents. If you say he is out of his prime possibly, but he isn't way out of his prime because he has won nearly if not every round since he has come back.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I completely disagree.

I just don't see it. Wlad so rarely impresses me, and when I see him fight I picture these ATG heavyweights just killing him the way he fights. With Vitali I could see how he would compete with most and beat some.

And I agree with the resume. I'd never deny that.

Comment

Vitali would get dominated by his brother. I think most sane boxing fans know that.

Comment

I'd give Vitali the edge but Wlad has that huge power and a killer jab.

Comment

Go watch Wlads performance against Mercer and pick out one performance Vitali has had in which he ever demonstrated the ability to throw such beautiful combinations like the one's Wlad was teeing off on Mercer.

He doesn't display his full arsenal anymore for obvious reasons.But don't confuse not showing something as not having it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      That's true, but even with many common opponents Vitali looks better. I give Wlad the credit I'd give any champion who cleans out his division the way he has, and he will be remembered better 20 years from now, but he is damn lucky Vitali got hurt and had to take a break. Otherwise their roles would be reversed.
                      I don't know if Wlad is "lucky." Vitali took years off. His resume before that retirement was pretty unimpressive BTW. Quite frankly, I think Vitali is a little overrated. He's lost to the two best opponents he's faced and no name on his resume suggests he's anything better than what he is...a paper champion. Could he beat Wlad head to head? I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X