No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jennings Tabs Bermane Stiverne To Beat Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jennings Tabs Bermane Stiverne To Beat Deontay Wilder

When asked for his analysis, Bryant Jennings (19-0, 10KOs) said he was leaning in the direction of WBC heavyweight champ Bermane Stiverne (24-1-1, 21KOs) retaining his title when he defends against mandatory challenger Deontay Wilder (32-0, 32KOs).

The World Boxing Council ordered the winner of Stiverne-Wilder to face Jennings, who won a WBC eliminator last month with a twelve round split decision over previously undefeated Mike Perez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jennings has earnt his stripes by beating Perez,with Perez having proved his pedigree by beating Magomed.Wilder hasn't done anything noteworthy in 30 fights other than showcase he can flatten D class opposition,with maybe the exception of the win over Scott,which being as fair as possible looked dubious to say the least.

I would much rather have seen Jennings and Wilder faced each other for the mandatory spot after winning their previous respective fights.I'm tagging Stiverne to beat both,Wilder by KO then Jennings by points,then hopefully we see a Klitschko fight against a guy with a better resume than Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot Weiland View Post
      Jennings has earnt his stripes by beating Perez,with Perez having proved his pedigree by beating Magomed.Wilder hasn't done anything noteworthy in 30 fights other than showcase he can flatten D class opposition,with maybe the exception of the win over Scott,which being as fair as possible looked dubious to say the least.

I would much rather have seen Jennings and Wilder faced each other for the mandatory spot after winning their previous respective fights.I'm tagging Stiverne to beat both,Wilder by KO then Jennings by points,then hopefully we see a Klitschko fight against a guy with a better resume than Pulev.
      I don't know if Bermaine can stay out of Bombs way. It's not so much about [Stverne] being more experienced and tested, it more has to do with Wilder having Donkey Kong power. He doesn't have to be better than Stiverne, he just has to hit him flush a few times, and lets be honest, BWare is there to Bhit. Love him as a fighter but just being fair to both sides. I see the fight as a toss up. It won't be who can box better that wins it will just be which behemoth lands big enough first.

Comment

Bermane is not quite as easy to hit as claimed above. Ok he isn't no Chris Byrd or David Haye but still.

He also has a great chin to back it up though. I think Bermane could survive a few of those bombs. He survived a mauling from a very tough Chris Arreola, a fighter who actually can box.

OF course Wilder has great chances, the length, the speed and the power are there but honestly...

Bermane Stiverne, HITS JUST AS HARD as Wilder! FACT!

And I don't think Wilder would take too many.

Comment

Can't see how Stiverne loses this. Wilder's career has always been a joke.

Comment

Bermane needs 2 get bout 2 the later rounds...Many doubts & questions of Wilder, he has the punch...

Comment

Bermane also has the punch.

Except Bermane also has real skills.

And a chin.

Comment

Stiverne can hit.

Wilder is getting stopped.

Comment

Working...
                X