Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times was Lennox Lewis knocked down in his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times was Lennox Lewis knocked down in his career?

I can only count the two times he lost, vs McCall and vs Rahman.

He stumbled a little vs Briggs and wrestled more with Vitali Klitschko and Henri Akinwande.

Have any of you come across more knockdowns?
    He often gets labelled as a bit chinny, but if he was only knocked down twice in his career - compared to other greats - those are quite good stats.

He was knocked down and out only twice. Against Rahman and McCall. He was staggered quite a few times but not KDed.

I rate his chin as average by ATG standards. Not among the bests but better than some of them.

Comment

Look at the guys he's been in with he isn't chinny.

Comment

It's the hw division these dudes hit hard and to be fair the shot McCall landed was something terrible as was Rahman's right hand. Lewis went 12 with Tua and took some hard shots as well.

Comment

The McCall punch was a knockdown. He got back up and even though he was shaky, he should have been given the chance to continue as he was the champion. That was a hail mary punch if I've ever seen one.

He was lazy and badly out of shape against Rahman. Was a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

He was hard to hit period, but his chin wasn't that great. More on the glassy side then the iron side.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I can only count the two times he lost, vs McCall and vs Rahman.

He stumbled a little vs Briggs and wrestled more with Vitali Klitschko and Henri Akinwande.

Have any of you come across more knockdowns?
              He often gets labelled as a bit chinny, but if he was only knocked down twice in his career - compared to other greats - those are quite good stats.
              on the flip side he failed to show resiliency by getting up and winning. Id rather get knocked down many times and come back to win a few times than be dropped twice and stopped twice but then again,,I always thought lennox's chin was underrated

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                The McCall punch was a knockdown. He got back up and even though he was shaky, he should have been given the chance to continue as he was the champion. That was a hail mary punch if I've ever seen one.
                Disagree. Lewis was hit with a terrific right hand shortly before the bell to end the first round. That shook him to his boots. As soon as McCall connected again in the next round it was all over and luckily for Lewis he was stopped. Otherwise he might have been on the receiving end of a devastating KO loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  He was hard to hit period, but his chin wasn't that great. More on the glassy side then the iron side.
                  There is no such thing as a glass jawed heavyweight, a division where it takes one shot to knock you our cold, only people who dont know shyt about boxing spew this................

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Disagree. Lewis was hit with a terrific right hand shortly before the bell to end the first round. That shook him to his boots. As soon as McCall connected again in the next round it was all over and luckily for Lewis he was stopped. Otherwise he might have been on the receiving end of a devastating KO loss.

Where???

And so? If you get hit with a punch in the previous round, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the next round. Unless you think landing two punches counts as taking too much punishment.

Comment

Working...
                    X