No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing, Celebrity, and What the World is Getting Wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing, Celebrity, and What the World is Getting Wrong

By Thomas Gerbasi - From a quick Google search at 10:15am eastern time on Thursday:

George Zimmerman Boxing – 119,000,000 results
    Floyd Mayweather Boxing – 21,800,000 results

The best boxer of this era and a future Hall of Famer, Floyd Mayweather Jr., received less search engine results when attached to the word “boxing” than George Zimmerman.

Must be a glitch, you might say, but that would probably be a wrong assessment, simply because nothing has captivated the masses in recent days like the news that Zimmerman, the man acquitted of second degree murder and manslaughter in the February 26, 2012 slaying of Trayvon Martin, is currently preparing for a Celebrity Boxing match on March 1, with the frontrunner to face him being rapper DMX, though the 43-year-old’s publicist claims that no deal has yet been signed. [Click Here To Read More]

Just a bunch of stupid B.S.
    People just want to see Zimmerman get the crap beaten out of him.
    Most likely DMX will take it too far and Zimmerman will be seriously injured and then he'll sue DMX

Comment

Didn't read the article but I think some people (a lot of people actually) think that Zimmerman is profiting off this. But according to the guy putting it together, every dime Zimmerman was supposed to get is going into charity.

Comment

It is a little bit distasteful, Zimmerman should thank his lucky stars he wasn't convicted and disappear from public view.

that Zimmerman is more popular than Mayweather is amusing though
        Last edited by Weebler I; 02-07-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Who in their right fucking mind would want to do this after what happened..

Comment

And why would I think it's a glitch again? Maybe if I had some Utopian delusion of the world I live in, but I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Didn't read the article but I think some people (a lot of people actually) think that Zimmerman is profiting off this. But according to the guy putting it together, every dime Zimmerman was supposed to get is going into charity.

I read somewhere else and listened to an interview where the promoter said both parties would be paid. And I don't trust that charity shyt because it could be a made up charity that supports him.

Either or this better not happen... Shooting a teenager who was walking home with out bothering him at all. Yeah he will get his soon, from this point on I don't wanna read any news of dude unless it is something tragic.

Comment

DMX is pricing himself out, he's a joke.

He knows he'll get decked and take another L

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                  DMX is pricing himself out, he's a joke.

He knows he'll get decked and take another L

Comment

Can't wait to see this, I see DMX getting KO'ed by the 4th round. George Zimmerman got a chin as Trayvon couldn't knock the man out.

Comment

Working...
                    X