Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Chagaev, Helenius-Liakhovich: Pre-Report Cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Chagaev, Helenius-Liakhovich: Pre-Report Cards

By Cliff Rold - Put aside the phony belt on the line in the main event. It’s total nonsense. There is only one true Heavyweight Champion. His name is Wladimir Klitschko. The next man down the chain is his brother Vitali.

Alexander Povetkin? He’s the guy who twice got into position to be a sanctioning body mandatory for Wladimir and wasn’t ready to pull the trigger. Apparently, his camp sees value in paying WBA sanctioning fees so someone will call them champ while trudging along the path of least resistance.

Funny thing though…Povetkin’s path of least resistance also works out to be, on paper, potentially the toughest fight of his career. Could the same be true of the man in the spotlight on the undercard? Robert Helenius is trying to follow up a knockout of former titlist Samuel Peter with another beltholders scalp. Will his blades be sharp enough for the task?

Let’s go to [Click Here To Read More]

helenius win KO 6 & povetkin 12 rd dec 118-110

Comment

chagaev was born in mexico? and he hails from montebello california?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        helenius win KO 6 & povetkin 12 rd dec 118-110
        Was this the outcome or is this still going on?

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          chagaev was born in mexico? and he hails from montebello california?
          Haha...of course not. Typo/error in typing over the report card shell. To be fixed.

Comment

I am really stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. Because of my dislike for Atlas and the fact that Pusvetkin is going in through the back door for his shot at a phoney belt. Therefore I would rather see Chagaev win. However, because Pusvetkin is one of the few viable opponents for Wlad I would rather see him win and look good doing so.

Comment

Working...
            X