No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez's Trainer Confirms Gomez as 9/17 Foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez's Trainer Confirms Gomez as 9/17 Foe

Eddy "Chepo" Reynoso, trainer of WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, has confirmed that his boxer will be facing Alfonso Gomez on September 17 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Alvarez, who celebrates his 21st birthday, will head back to Big Bear, California to train for the fight. Alvarez has already been jogging and doing light work for the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

at least he's staying busy, but really, damn.

Comment

Best of luck to Gomez. I gotta admit to having a soft spot for the tubby fella after he called out Peter Manfredo on The Contender all those years ago. There was an honesty and integrity in him that made you want to root for him.

Comment

Why would they put that fight at the Staples Center? That's a bad move considering Mayweather vs Ortiz n Morales will be fighting 300 miles away on the same night n telecast.

MgM will be sold out but I wonder will Staples also sell out.

They should have fought In Mexico while trying to put Angulo as the undercard. Imagine those 4 fights on 1 Telecast.

Comment

This is disappointing.

Why not Lara, Trout, Konecny, Bundrage, Dzinziruk, Martirosyan, Williams, etc?

Gomez is a likable guy and a decent boxer, but he's not qualified for another world title shot.

Comment

WTF... Why not just ask for volunteers from the audience on September 17th?

Comment

isn't Gomez out of his weight class?

Comment

He should of agreed to be on Mayweather-Ortiz undercard...ego got a lil too big, Money is the biggest draw in America

Comment

Another overmatched, smaller opponet!!!

I please spare me the he is only 20 bull****, dude needs to step it up.

This is getting embarrasing!!!

Comment

WHo are you to disrespect Gomez this way? Look at the record fool! What big stage loss of note. If one poor showing is criterion for getting another big shot, how did Mosley get signed for Manny after he ran and hide from Mayweather. Tons of boxers have come back from a serious defeat to win championships. Size is my biggest concern, but take someone from the audience.....actually you deserve no comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X