Collapse
No announcement yet.

a right handed south paw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chad Dawson, Marvin Hagler, Pacquiao (ambidexterous), Paul Spadafora, Junior Witter, Herol GrahamJuan Manuel Lopez, Hector Camacho......whole list of others, Tyson (ambidexterous). Just strengthen yor left and lots of padwork. Make sure to have your coach train your left as the power hand if he knows your a righty because if not you'll end up a one handed fighter and get used to combos off your right hand and people will figure you out in that they can walk through you because you have no real power. Granted your right hand is in front but due to havin less leverage out front you'll have less power in it even though it's your power hand.
    Last edited by {Pito}; 05-07-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

wow good to know its a normal thing, altought i will go have a talk about it with my coach (gotta admit at first i was feeling stupid telling him this, since he doesnt know im naturally right handed) and its very true if i keep up like this im about to become a one handed fighter so i guess i'll have to work alot on that

thx for the info guys

Comment

i throw a ball with my right hand and write with my left i fight in orthadox :P

Comment

Many southpaws are converted right handers. Since you been in the gym for a relatively short time it is only understandable that you like keeping your stronger hand to be your lead, since it is stronger, more coordinated and can do more work.

Comment

Yeah it's normal, i think when most people start off they stand with their dominant hand in front. It feels more natural.

Anyway, i would suggest maybe trying the conventinal stance, you'll be able to utilize more power from your dominant had that way.

Comment

juan urango has a powerful lead right hook not sure if he is right handed though

Comment

Working...
              X