Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are conspiracy theory websites all so ugly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    is this directed to that hour of the time website that guy posted in the books thread? Cause that website looked like ****
    Yes, that website was spectacularly awful.

http://www.hourofthetime.com/

But others as well. Here's Prison Planet. Notice how there are twenty four banner ads on the front page. Just what motivates these people?

Here is infowars.com. Again advertising dominates the page. And these two are the slickest sites.

Begging for donations and shilling absurd products like dehydrated food and alternative medicine seem to take precedent over the actual content. Most blogs and websites may have one or two ads which help to pay for the maintenance, but these conspiracy sites have more ad banners than articles!

Comment

Originally posted by Idgas View Post
      because it looks more underground and secret that way. if they had a nice looking site, why the hell are they wasting time making their site look nice instead of looking into more conspiracies?
      Perhaps you're right or because most conspiracy theorist still live in their parent's basement and have no time to update them due to work overload.
      mowing lawn,cleaning the bathroom,cleaning after their parents 20+ cats,watching **** going to BS,etc.etc.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Yes, that website was spectacularly awful.

http://www.hourofthetime.com/

But others as well. Here's Prison Planet. Notice how there are twenty four banner ads on the front page. Just what motivates these people?

Here is infowars.com. Again advertising dominates the page. And these two are the slickest sites.

Begging for donations and shilling absurd products like dehydrated food and alternative medicine seem to take precedent over the actual content. Most blogs and websites may have one or two ads which help to pay for the maintenance, but these conspiracy sites have more ad banners than articles!
        You learn something everyday, don't ya? On Prison Planet there is an ad banner claiming God's name is not Barack Obama, it is Barry Soetoro. Pretty shady if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
          Perhaps you're right or because most conspiracy theorist still live in their parent's basement and have no time to update them due to work overload.
          mowing lawn,cleaning the bathroom,cleaning after their parents 20+ cats,watching **** going to BS,etc.etc.
          i had different sites in mind than what piggy posted. i was thinking of those angelfire and geocities webpages with neon colors, tiled animated gif background, and comic sans font.

Comment

i had different sites in mind than what piggy posted. i was thinking of those angelfire and geocities webpages with neon colors, tiled animated gif background, and comic sans font.
            Like I say I posted two of the slickest conspiracy sites. Most are considerably worse. They're bad. As in revolving skull gif bad.

Comment

I've seen plenty of smart looking well produced websites that are user generated. It just takes a bit of care to do. So why do all the conspiracy theory websites I see links to look like a dogs fucking breakfast?
              Im on davidicke.com and its like all green and stuff...lol. Great forums though.

Comment

Like I say I posted two of the slickest conspiracy sites. Most are considerably worse. They're bad. As in revolving skull gif bad.

i bet those do wonders for readability.

Comment

i bet those do wonders for readability.
                  Some even have flashing fonts!

Comment

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/

Donation fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X