Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karim Mayfield: I experienced Danny Garcias devestating left hook in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karim Mayfield: I experienced Danny Garcias devestating left hook in sparring

Karim Mayfield sparred with Danny Garcia for the Eric Morales fight. This is what he had to say about Khan vs Garcia on a radio show the other day:

"I thought Khan would chip him up, ice pick, bust his face up, which he was doing in the first few rounds. In sparring I experienced that left hook with Dnany Garcia. People say it was just sparring but i experienced it . But after i got caught with it i told him it won't happen again, it wont happen again! I knew that left hook was devastating, i seen him rock some sparring partners in sparring and man, he just caught him clean on the neck. And man, that was it.

A lot of times you throw a counter punch like that you're not really looking. Sometimes with someone fast like that you dont have time to look. Soon as your face get touched you're shooting it. It just becomes a natural habit. I think thats what actually happened. It dont seem like it was timed, don't seem like it was setup."
    Setup - he was looking and he knew where it would land
    66.67%
    Lucky Punch - he wasnt looking and just threw hoping it would hit something
    33.33%

cool..............

Comment

Karim Mayfield needs to find a seat.

Comment

It doesn't matter if its timed or not, whats important is that it has landed and mainly because of khan's defects on his defense and he was KD because of his Chin. Some fighters would have taken it pretty well, JMM gets knock down by a punch like that too but he just regenerates pretty fast. BUT its really hard to hit marquez with a punch like that especially if ur style is like Garcia.

Comment

of course it was timed, look at how he completely sits on it after timing Khan.

Comment

Exactly what happened...He kept swinging lefts and rights like that...Wildly missing

Comment

that punch looked like it hit khan on the neck, I never knew khan had suck weak neck.

Comment

I don't believe represents what Karim was saying.. Could be wrong

Comment

Im a Khan fan but you could see the left hook coming. Rounds 1 and 2 khan landed more shots but Garcia was getting closer and closer with the left hand. Khan should have used his jab won the first 6 rounds and then looked for the KO as Garcia opened up in the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    of course it was timed, look at how he completely sits on it after timing Khan.
                    exactly. that was a calculated shot, he knew where/when the opening was a coming and committed to it big.

Comment

Working...
                    X