No announcement yet.

Worst fight ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst fight ever?

In light of the recent hopkins vs. dawson fight this seems as good a time as any to ask this question. Boxing has received a lot of criticism for it's farce events as well as it's role in the death and mental impairment of it's fighters. Which fight in your estimation deserves the crown of the worst to have ever occurred? It could be because it damaged the sport or because it was simply anticlimactic or a robbery.

From recent times I'd say haye harrison

Comment

Haye - Harisson is the worst in recent years. First thing that came to my mind.

Comment

valuev-holyfield - worst fight ever.

Comment

hopkins vs dawson

Comment

Ali-Young was a dreadful fight was a bad decision. But it didn't really shake up the boxing world with controversy.

The people who paid to see Dawson-Hopkins were pissed, but luckily not many people did.

Historically speaking, Ali-Liston II had the most damage on boxing. People were still outraged years later, sure that they had witnessed a fixed fight. Liston was literally blackballed out of boxing.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr Vs Glen Kelly...................

Comment

Lennox Lewis vs Henry Akinwande was horrible!

Calzaghe vs Starie was prett bad too

Comment

The Hopkins-Jones rematch was pathetic like nothing I've ever seen. We all knew Jones was done, and seeing the way Hopkins fought I was convinced he was just as done. Did either fighter land a meaningful punch in that fight?

Comment

I had 15 people over for DeLaHoya-Trinidad. At least 10 of them vowed never to watch boxing (between they hype, promise, running, and the decision) ever again.....and thet stuck to it. Not the worst fight in terms of action (though it stunk), but definitely the fight that I think really set the sport back.

If we're going in terms of pure lousiness, there are many John Ruiz fights to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                    X