Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Talks Lara, April Return, Monte Carlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Talks Lara, April Return, Monte Carlo

Things continue to progress in securing an opponent for Gennady Golovkin, who is due to return to the ring on April 26 in New York City. Plans call for the unbeaten middleweight to have no fewer than four fights this year, mirroring his breakout 2013 campaign.

Golovkin (29-0, 26KO) is coming off of a 7th round stoppage of Osumana Adama, in a middleweight title defense broadcast in over 145 countries—basically everywhere, but Iceland, Romania and the United States. HBO holds the exclusive U.S. broadcasting rights to Golovkin, but was unable to secure a deal to where the bout could broadcast on its sister network HBO2.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Please Genny, fight Lara!!

Comment

So what would it take for Lara to come over to HBO and fight GGG?

Comment

Andy Lee in April,
        James Kirkland in the Summer and
        Sergio Martinez to close the year.

That's the way I see the GGG schedule shaping up. Would be nice if he fought Lara but it's starting to look like the Showtime/HBO thing will get in
        the way.
        I hope Lara calls out Quillin. They're both on Showtime, under Golden Boy and it could be a good easily made fight.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          I would have thought that giving Lara to HBO would be the perfect way for Golden Boy to get back into the good graces of HBO, but it doesn't appear that way. If not, I'm sure we would have heard from Richard Schaffer by now.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
            It would likely take GBP and HBO kissing and making up. And, it would likely take Shaefer risking pissing Showtime off. Neither is likely.

Comment

So is K2 saying HBO is preventing this fight. Are the networks also dividing boxing? This is out of control and needs to be fixed. This bad enough we have promotional companies at war. Do what is right for the sport and your business will prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                Andy Lee in April,
                James Kirkland in the Summer and
                Sergio Martinez to close the year.

That's the way I see the GGG schedule shaping up. Would be nice if he fought Lara but it's starting to look like the Showtime/HBO thing will get in
                the way.
                I hope Lara calls out Quillin. They're both on Showtime, under Golden Boy and it could be a good easily made fight.
                I'd really hope they'd make Geale for the summer fight, he's already displayed interest and is by far the more significant fight for GGG, as much fun as Kirkland might be for a few rounds. If Kirkland could win 1 or 2 fights at MW, he becomes more relevent - but for me, it's just a kinda unecessary fight for Golovkin.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Lee for April so we get (hopefully)..

Lee
                Geale
                Maravilla

With the possibility of Kirkland filling in either of the second 2 slots if they don't come together.

Comment

So for all the GGG fans saying that Floyd was ducking him, now you know the truth. GGG can't fight anyone not with HBO. This makes it easy for him to say that NO ONE wants to fight him, because he won't fight Ward, he can't fight Quillen or Lara or Canelo. He should target Chavez Jr or the Martinez/Cotto winner.

Comment

I hope somehow this fight can happen. Both guys' style would make for an interesting and fun fight to watch. I just know there's gotta be a way that these companies can come together and at least discuss making the fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X