No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Ponce-Mares Will Steal The Show on May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Ponce-Mares Will Steal The Show on May 4th

Manager Frank Espinoza expects a "Fight of The Year" candidate on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, when Daniel Ponce De Leon (44-4, 35KOs) defends his WBC featherweight championship against Abner Mares (25-0-1, 13KOs). Ponce will make the first defense of the title he captured last September from Jhonny Gonzalez, while Mares will move up in pursuit of his third divisional crown.

[Click Here To Read More]

If Mares wins this this will be huge for him. I think he might start boxing Ponce but eventually his heart will overtake him and go into brawl mode.

I hope you guys didn't get too greedy with this Espinoza! The size difference is huge.

Comment

this is a tough fight for mares,although they are both the same height,de leon's body frame is just so much bigger,he's strong and his stamina is pretty good,i think mares even if he does win I still think he's too small for featherweight,guys like Garcia are too big

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        this is a tough fight for mares,although they are both the same height,de leon's body frame is just so much bigger,he's strong and his stamina is pretty good,i think mares even if he does win I still think he's too small for featherweight,guys like Garcia are too big
        Ponce is taller, boxrec might have them listed the same but those measurements aren't always accurate. I've see a couple pics of them next to each other and Ponce is at least a inch taller.

Comment

I am so happy this fight is made and on this card. This is going to be an excellent fight and a lot of casual viewers are going to love this fight the style match up is fantastic.

Comment

Ponce by stoppage

Comment

too bad it won't help PPV buys

Mayweather fans will buy the PPV but the key to Mayweather PPV success are the haters buying it to see him lose.

Guerrero might have a real shot but haters won't be buying it and without Canelo I doubt many mexicans will either. Ponce de Leon Mares won't help IMO.

I'd be suprised if it sells 700,000

it doesn't matter though because Money May is still guaranteed 30 million per fight no matter what. he hustled Golden Boy and Showtime. if CBS takes a loss on this fight you can bet Steven Espinoza will lose his job and Golden Boy will be out a network.

Comment

It is possible, but it could also be a rather sloppy foul filled affair which could add to the tension or take away from a quality fight.

Comment

ponce is hard-hitter but his punches are predictable...i expect mares to take ponce's title.

Comment

I really really don't want to give Fraud anymoney but Mares deserves the support.

Sick ass fight. Fuck the mainevent though

Comment

Working...
                    X