No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Macklin Has Big Numbers Over Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Macklin Has Big Numbers Over Sturm

Matthew Macklin averaged 92 punches thrown per round, doubling Felix Sturm’s output. Macklin landed 127 more total punches and landed more punches in 11 of 12 rounds. Sturm was the more accurate fighter, landing 45% of his power shots.

[Click Here To Read More]

Can't believe some dumbmass people here were claiming Macklin and Sturm were even in punches landed. It's ridiculous.

Comment

I thought macklin nicked it but he was in a foreign country so i didnt expect him to prevail in a close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by doktorsleepless View Post
        can't believe some dumbmass people here were claiming macklin and sturm were even in punches landed. It's ridiculous.
        exactly!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I agree, macklin was landing a lot of punches and quite a few jabs. I didn't think sturm's defence was all that, macklin was getting plenty of shots in around the sides, and surprisingly even through the middle. I thought macklin clearly won 7 rounds, jim watt was scoring the fight in my opinion how he thought the judges would be scoring it, taking into account who the home fighter was. Sturm without a doubt landed the cleaner harder punches, but there was not nearly enough of them, especially considering macklin landed plenty of his own. You can argue what and what didnt land all night, but if you let your opponent throw 1100 punches i am sorry but there is a pretty good chance you are going to lose the fight. Sturm did nothing to deter macklins work rate and when macklin got hit with something big he would always answer straight back.

I couldn't believe so many of you thought he won, it was a close but clear win. The 8-4 cards are a disgrace, tbh even 7-5 sturm is a disgrace. Almost every respected boxing writer I have seen has written the same thing...macklin got jobbed.

Comment

I think another thing that often affects the judges is the preconceived ideas they have of both fighters, if one fighter is perceived as the star fighter and comes with a reputation IMO that effects their scoring in particular at the beginning of the fight. This really pisses me off

Comment

This is a disgrace! How anyone can be allowed to judge a fight and score 8 rounds for sturm (116-112) with those numbers is beyond me. It was a landslide. Fck a rematch. Sturm should be stripped and macklin should get the belt! Honestly!! An absolute disgrace!

Comment

Something of note is that good portion of Sturm's punches were just jabs while Macklin's punches overwhelmingly power punches. He landed 230% more power punches than Strum. Way too big off a difference for me to be convinced that it was a close fight. Even if Sturm's punches were harder, he simply did not do enough.

Comment

Why the Eastern European facade of hording world titles is allowed too carry on il never know

Comment

Wow, very suprisingly wide punch stats.

Comment

Working...
                    X