Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler Vs Froch, The Cobra Vs The Viking Warrior, Who Takes it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler Vs Froch, The Cobra Vs The Viking Warrior, Who Takes it??

Bookies got kessler as a very slight favorite, only cause they fighting in Kessler's Home Country I believe.

Mikkel Kessler
    birth date 1979-03-01
    age 30
    manager/agent register
    division super middleweight
    stance orthodox
    height 6′ 1″ / 185cm
    reach 73″ / 185cm
    US ID 050980
    alias Viking Warrior
    nationality Denmark
    residence Principauté de Monaco, Monaco
    birth place Copenhagen, Denmark
    won 42 (KO 32) + lost 2 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 44
    rounds boxed 233 KO% 72.73

Carl froch
    birth date 1977-07-02
    age 32
    manager/agent register
    division super middleweight
    stance orthodox
    height 6′ 1″ / 185cm
    reach 74˝″ / 189cm
    alias The Cobra
    nationality United Kingdom
    residence Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    birth place Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    birth name Carl Martin Froch
    won 26 (KO 20) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 26
    rounds boxed 163 KO% 76.92
    Froch by DEC
    12.90%
    Kessler By DEC
    22.58%
    Froch by KO/TKO
    19.35%
    Kessler by KO/TKO
    41.94%
    I don't care..
    3.23%

From yesterdays pics it looked as if Froch was taller. Here it says they are equal in height.

I got Kessler by KO..........

Comment

Kessler will outbox Froch all night long. I see it being similar to the Kessler-Andrade fight. It's against a fighter who is almost impossible to KO and will literally keep coming until the final bell, but is ultimately very limited.

Kesslers movement is too good, he's smart and he's an excellent counter-puncher, he'll be sticking that jab into Froch's face all night. It'll be close for a few rounds, but once Kessler finds his range and gets that right hand going, it'll become one-way traffic.

Kessler by comfortable UD.

Comment

Kess would probably stop Froch without a problem. I saw it in his eyes. Imo hell theres no way he is gonne lose.

Comment

Kessler simply refused to throw any uppercuts against Ward or show any semblence of an inside game.

Calzaghe beat Kessler by taking control of the fight against Kessler at close-quarters from the 4th round. Ward done it all the way through.

Froch has a good jab, genuinely, he does. If he can keep Kessler occupied at mid and long distance and stay competitive - he'll probably cause a lot of damage up close when he gets there.

The comparison between Froch and Andrade is not valid. Froch is a very, very big and strong 168-pounder. Froch could probably pick Andrade up and put him in his pocket.

Kessler needs to show he can come through adversity to beat Froch. I'm not hating on Kessler as he is an Englishman after all - but has he ever come through adversity and won? Froch has, in his previous three fights.

Big fight for Froch. Career defining for Kessler.

I think Kessler on a close points win, just. But, the Viking Warrior could literally be out-manned.
          Last edited by Sparked_1985; 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

mikkel on decision maybe even by tko late on.if hes anything near his best it will be a repeat of the andrade fight

Comment

I belive Froch will find a way to win, he has a warriors mentality, something Kessler didn't show much of in his last fight

Comment

Froch will win. His work rate and pure toughness is enough to handle Kessler. Against Calzaghe, Kessler couldn't even work because of the relentless pressure of Calzaghe. Froch is the same exact way, the difference being that Froch has a harder punch than Calzaghe does.

I see Froch winning a UD or Kessler going out like Taylor did in the late rounds.

Comment

I hope Mikkel destroys Carla.

Comment

I didnt mean he was the same as Froch, just that they're both extremely tough and that the fight could play out the same. Kessler underperformed so badly against Ward, anyone who has seen him before will know that he is so much better than that.

They beat Kessler because they were able to frustrate him, Ward did it from the start and Calzaghe did it when he realised he couldnt outbox him. I don't think Froch has the ability to do that.

He may have a good jab, but Kessler's is one the best, its practically a power punch. Totally agree that he will have to show some grit to beat Froch, but I think he's easily capable of it, he's extremely tough. I just can't see Froch winning this fight, especially in Denmark.

Comment

Working...
                    X