No announcement yet.

Why do people put so much on a loss??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
    i hate mma but a loss means nothing in that sport i think it should apply over to boxing as well but i doubt it'll ever happen.
    Yeah, it seems all they care about is that their fighters put on a good show. Seems like a fairly good policy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Yeah, it seems all they care about is that their fighters put on a good show. Seems like a fairly good policy.
      This is true..I don't know why/when boxing got all up in arms about a fighter taking a loss..This is boxing,it happens..

Comment

It's a disease which has spread into boxing fans started by new generation Mayweather fanboys who think Mayweather's '0' is what it's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
          i hate mma but a loss means nothing in that sport i think it should apply over to boxing as well but i doubt it'll ever happen.
          That's because they have no choice! There's only but so many elite MMA fighters in the sport. The rest are C class fighters and below. They don't place an emphasis on losses which is good I agree though. The reason it means so much in this sport is because of the promoters and the casuals selling the fighters as the next ATG. I think losses effect some fighters mentally though so they might not perform as well after a loss. I don't care about losses personally though. Like everyone else said, ATG's almost all of them have losses on their records, that doesn't take anything away from their accomplishments. Promoters and casuals are the ones ruining this sport.
          Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            This is true..I don't know why/when boxing got all up in arms about a fighter taking a loss..This is boxing,it happens..
            I agree. Here on NSB a loss means so many things.

A poster will argue the primary reason a boxer is undefeated is because they "haven't fought anyone." and they criticize an undefeated fighter's resume etcetc. We know which fighters get this the most. SHould that boxer lose, that boxer is now "garbage" or "trash" or they "robbed" their opponent. SO in certain cases being undefeated means nothing.

But this same poster will also use an undefeated record as a measure of greatness to elevate an opponent of their favorite guy when it suits the agenda. In this case the undefeated record is everything and no longer a measure of quality of competition.

of course some posters do just the opposite. Their guy is undefeated its a measure of greatness. A boxer they aren't to fond of can be undefeated and its -hey he only fights this kind of guy or he hasn't fought anyone.

Its really confusing sometimes.

Comment

Khan is a horrible example bro. An elite fighter cannot keep getting sparked like Khan has. Devon Alexander is a far better example. His loss & the fights we thought are losses have made him better. But in Khan's case, he thinks he's God's gift, but his flaws & the mistakes he makes are almost laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                It's a disease which has spread into boxing fans started by new generation Mayweather fanboys who think Mayweather's '0' is what it's all about.
                I would not put the blame just on Mayweather fans tho..It's the networks even some commentators..Who make it seem like a loss(even to a good fighter)is the end of the line and you should go back to club fighting or something..This is really a HBO thing tho,Showtime usually don't be on it like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Khan is a horrible example bro. An elite fighter cannot keep getting sparked like Khan has. Devon Alexander is a far better example. His loss & the fights we thought are losses have made him better. But in Khan's case, he thinks he's God's gift, but his flaws & the mistakes he makes are almost laughable.
                  I agree,but I used Khan because people just write him off(like your doing)and his book is not yet written..Khan still has time to fix some of the holes in his game..The interesting thing(and what makes Khan fun to watch)is will he fix them or not??Will Khan's arrogance truly be his undoing??Seems you be it will be..I don't know what I believe just yet..

Comment

With Khan, its because the problems he has are problems that are very hard to correct or hide.

Overall, its Mayweather bullsh** "I got mah zero" syndrome, as others have said. Yes, I realize Broner said that, but its a fitting way to put it, by a fighter who may end up following Mayweather's lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I agree,but I used Khan because people just write him off(like your doing)and his book is not yet written..Khan still has time to fix some of the holes in his game..The interesting thing(and what makes Khan fun to watch)is will he fix them or not??Will Khan's arrogance truly be his undoing??Seems you be it will be..I don't know what I believe just yet..
                      I love to watch Khan fight, the speed & vulnerability is very exciting. I just know he's not as good as the hype that once surrounded him. You've got to understand that before ginger being hyped as a Floyd opponent, Khan was that guy. Floyd/Khan in the same sentence is disrespectful to the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X