Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas Discusses Split With Povetkin, History of Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Atlas Discusses Split With Povetkin, History of Dispute

Trainer and ESPN's Friday Night Fights analyst Teddy Atlas spoke to BoxingScene.com about the reasons behind his parting of ways with WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin. He wasn't happy with a recent article that appeared on BoxingScene, where Povetkin's manager Vladimir Hryunov explained the current situation with Atlas. Povetkin is training in Russia for a scheduled defense of his title against WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck, which takes place on February 25th in Germany.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just as I have said all along, Atlas was the only decent person involved with Povetkin.

Our Russian and Euro posters love to imply that Atlas somehow ruined Povetkin's career but it's right here for you to read.

You can't expect dirty Ruskies or C*cksucking Krauts like the Sauerlands to keep their promises. They are criminals and used to getting their way on everything.

LOL @ Sauerland taking 40% off the top of Povetkin's purse as if they have done anything postitive to promote or manage his career!

No wonder they have so much money to buy judges and referees.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

You can't expect dirty Ruskies or C*cksucking Krauts like the Sauerlands to keep their promises. They are criminals and used to getting their way on everything.
      If only they were like the delightful Bob Arum or wonderful Don King.

Comment

Atlas forgot to explain why he didn't come to Russia last week considering that there was no FNF which means he could have trained Povetkin last week and this week and the manager offered him a ticket to comeback and work for ESPN this friday.

Let's face it,Atlas wanted to get out and he found out an excuse.
        Now, he is going to say that he made Povetkin a World champion,but that is another lie.Povetkin has just a paper fake title.

Plus,he didn't want to fight the Klitschkos EVER and Povetkin wanted to fight him this year.

If you want to train fighters, sometimes you need to make concessions,but,Atlas always acts like a little dictator who refuses to take a step backwards to compromise.

Steward and Roach never had problems to train in Europe,but the truth is Atlas also hated to train outside the USA.
        Hell,he refused to move to Las vegas to train Peter.
        The last time i checked Las Vegas is in the USA.

What is his excuse then?

We still have to find a situation where Atlas leaves his fighter on good terms.

Every fighter he trains he walks away from,because he doesn't know how to deal with the fact that his fighters have limitations and there is nothing he can do about it.
        He is so delusional that he believes that he can make a B fighter beat a class A fighter.

There is no way Povetkin can beat a Klitschko.He isn't good enough.

Atlas is a bully,a liar and a control freak.

Atlas also loves to say every single time that all his fighters begged him to train them.

In the beginning, the GOD Atlas always refuses to train them,but after they start acting like slaves he decides to accept.
        He loves to point this out to humiliate his former fighters.
        Last edited by Juuza; 01-24-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Just as I have said all along, Atlas was the only decent person involved with Povetkin.

Our Russian and Euro posters love to imply that Atlas somehow ruined Povetkin's career but it's right here for you to read.
          I'm a "Euro poster" but have always thought Atlas is good for Povetkin and actually improving him, as many others falsely think Povetkin regressed unter his wings. It's a sad thing that the team is now apparently breaking apart because Povetkin doesn't wanna come to the US (I wonder why?) or issues with Sauerland. I'm shocked they get 40% of the whole purse from a title fight with one of their boxers.

If you want to train fighters, sometimes you need to make concessions,but,Atlas always acts like a little dictator who refuses to take a step backwards to compromise.
          I also agree with this. Povetkin is questionable because he doesn't want to come to the US and is apparently unable to learn a little bit of English to actually unterstand what his trainer is telling him in between rounds, but Atlas is questionable as well because he acts like a diva and is unwilling to make some sacrifices for his fighter. He can take care of his family with ESPN, but not with a $ 200,000 paycheck for a title fight?
          Last edited by Superflo777; 01-24-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Povetkin's manager should bring Kevin Rooney.

Rooney is training Mormeck who is old and a lot worse than Povetkin and he is not *****ing every single week to avoid a fight against the Kiltschkos.

Comment

atlas plays dumb here , he understands povetkin will never come to US to get exposed . he doesn't need 2 mln. purse for klitchko fight , he's getting money from other sources .

Comment

Originally posted by S~T~J View Post
                If only they were like the delightful Bob Arum or wonderful Don King.
                A pattern emerges...

I introduced a friend of mine to Fight Night Champion the other day. He couldn't believe the amount of metaphysical phyco-babble that spews from Atlas every 2 seconds.

I actually think EA were kind to him, he's far more mental in real life. God only knows what it must be like to Train with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_ate_myDog View Post
                  A pattern emerges...

I introduced a friend of mine to Fight Night Champion the other day. He couldn't believe the amount of metaphysical phyco-babble that spews from Atlas every 2 seconds.

I actually think EA were kind to him, he's far more mental in real life. God only knows what it must be like to Train with him?
                  lol he says the dumbest **** sometimes

Comment

Atlas probably makes more announcing for espn, then training Povetnik.

Comment

Working...
                    X