Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Amir Khan Should Should Consider Staying at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Amir Khan Should Should Consider Staying at 140

Lou DiBella, who promotes top welterweight Andre Berto, believes Amir Khan should seriously consider staying at 140-pounds. DiBella watched Khan's recent split decision loss to Lamont Peterson and wasn't impressed with the British star's inability to bully Peterson, who most viewed as the smaller man. DiBella scored the fight for Peterson and felt the referee, Joe Cooper, was justified in docking the British star two points for pushing.

[Click Here To Read More]

im a big amir fan but that said its a good question how is he gonna cope with a big 147er

Comment

i think he needs to get revenge on Lamont Peterson before he even considers a jump up. Having Peterson bull him around the ring and look physically stronger is a bad omen for a 147 campaign.

Comment

Technically Peterson was a welterweight by fight time he weighed 155 and Khan weighed 149 and Khan couldn't deal with the physical assault, so he should stay at 140 for a while.. another yr at the least...

Comment

Smaller man? Between the weigh in & fight khan put on 8 1/2 lbs and Peterson put on a huge 15lbs. That's like another weight division. U could see the physical strength in the fight.

Comment

I agree,Khan looked to weak to be ready for a move up(imo)..He needs work before he moves up to tangle with those strong WW's..Even tho I still would pick him to out skill Berto..

Comment

Khan needs to pace his shots and footwork.

When you always punch and move every second, you get tired and inaccurate or not co-ordinated.

If he can slow it down, his shots will be harder, and he will also set traps and slow other guys down. He won't be as tired and will be stronger.

Khan is taller, but his ring weight is not that much. Peterson is naturally the heavier guy coming down from 155 while Khan walks at 149.

Peterson is also a very strong guy and good athlete, but personally I can see him getting beat with the right tactics and neutral venue. The close rounds did go his way and I feel the crowd reaction helped. When Khan tagged him the effect on the crowd was almsot nothing.

Khan should stay at 140 until his body forces him up, because by that stage he will naturally be heavier like Mayweather is now.

I can't see him beating anyone at 147 if he does not improve his inside game and also how he control the pace. Someone like Calzaghe could go fast for a full 12 but his ring generalship and footwork especially was a lot better.

Comment

dibella you should consider staying indoors because you scare children.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardhitter.1 View Post
                  Smaller man? Between the weigh in & fight khan put on 8 1/2 lbs and Peterson put on a huge 15lbs. That's like another weight division. U could see the physical strength in the fight.
                  Before you *******s start talking weight let's get something straight. the only weight that matters is the weight in weight. So stop *****ing about a fighter coming into the ring heavier or lighter. I'ts not hurt Mayweather so why make the excuse for Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    Technically Peterson was a welterweight by fight time he weighed 155 and Khan weighed 149 and Khan couldn't deal with the physical assault, so he should stay at 140 for a while.. another yr at the least...
                    Before you *******s start talking weight let's get something straight. the only weight that matters is the weight in weight. So stop talking about a fighter coming into the ring heavier or lighter. I'ts not hurt Mayweather so why make the excuse for Khan?

Comment

Working...
                    X