No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Donaire Talks Rigondeaux, Injury Recovery, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Donaire Talks Rigondeaux, Injury Recovery, More

Ryan Maquinana catches up with former multi-division world champion Nonito Donaire to discuss Guillermo Rigondeaux, recovering from his surgery, and his training.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm surprised this thread slipped by without any comments. Donaire wants a rematch with Rigondeaux, saying he was "unfocused" and "overconfident" in their meeting. I would be happy to see a rematch, this time in Miami.

Comment

I believe Donaire is better than what he showed against Rigondeaux and with a healthy right shoulder the fight may have been completely different BUT he doesn't deserve an immediate rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        I believe Donaire is better than what he showed against Rigondeaux and with a healthy right shoulder the fight may have been completely different BUT he doesn't deserve an immediate rematch.
        I seriously doubt it would have been different. It just sounds like a bunch of excuses even now more than a month later. He was KOing people left and right gets a boxing lesson by Rigo and now his should hurts he was unfocused, unmotivated, didn't watch film etc. etc. etc. Rigo boxes his ears off again.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed
          Lame excuses man. Leading up to the Rigo fight Donaire looked like a monster (according to his fans) and supposedly he had an injured shoulder all along. Matter of fact, aside from the Rigo cult y'all were all picking Donaire.

Rigo beats Donaire 1 handed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I was rewatching the fight last night but didn't get to finish it... That fight was over in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I was rewatching the fight last night but didn't get to finish it... That fight was over in the first round.

Rigo pretty much told Donaire I hit A LOT harder than what you thought. Nonoto felt his power and that changed the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80
                Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Rigo pretty much told Donaire I hit A LOT harder than what you thought. Nonoto felt his power and that changed the whole fight.
                Rigo landed some good body shots too which I think I overlooked cause I was so damn nervous. Rigo had the much quicker hands too and Donaire was trying to discredit his hand speed like 2 weeks prior to the fight on FNF. "His hand speed is decent"

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I think so, too. But, from what I've seen, Rigo beats Donaire again. Maybe the fight won't be quite so one-sided, but we'll get the same, basic result.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    Agreed. I had a feeling that would happen, too. Rigo hits hard. I don't know how Donaire and his crew overlooked that. Maybe Nonito didn't watch tape, but his trainer should have.

Comment

Working...
                    X