No announcement yet.

Who will Nonito Donaire fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    From the other article you commented on its still a possibility it happens next for the reasons stated above....
    Where did you hear that Bradley isn't fighting on the February date?
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-19-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Where did you hear that Bradley isn't fighting on the February date?

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      @ringmagazine Lem: Arum says Bradley-Peterson II is in play

Tweet above and the link http://t.co/zN01ZHcT

Comment

Hopefully its Mares would love to see Donaire put a whooping on Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          It looks like Rigo is fighting someone else in February. I knew it, Arum isn't giving us Nonito against either Mares or Rigondeaux.

Reason #34202 for why he is a cancer on the sport.
          Hah!!
          Frank Warren makes Bob Arum look like a saint handing out money to the poor.

Comment

I think it could be Rigondeaux. I doubt Arum has any serious ambitions of making Rigo into a big star whereas with Nonito it's plausible, depending on what he can deliver at featherweight. If the promotional barrier can be negotiated it actually wouldn't surprise me to see Mares-Rigondeaux before Mares-Donaire. That's the fight that can marinate for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Rico Ramos...........he will draw comparisons between Donaire and Rigo using this fight so that the Rigo-Donaire fight can marinate until the fall of next year.
              I can seriously see Donaire-Ramos happening early next year. As you point out it'll draw comparisons between Rigo and him and it'll build up a Rigo fight. In the meantime Rigo should fight Agbeko. I think that'll build the Donaire-Rigo matchup a little bit.

Comment

Arum will have Rigo and Donaire fight other opponents in the first half of next year. They'll fight toward the end of next year. Hopefully the fans won't see this fight get spoiled by an underdog who didn't read the memo that Arum wants to marinate this a bit. It could happen...

Comment

Arum has to be the worst at letting his ego and emotions get in the way of the fights the fans want to see. He basically let Pac-May fall through, Gamboa-JuanMa fall through and almost let Martinez-Chavez fall through. I'd say we as fans would be extremely lucky to see this fight (Rigs-Donaire) by the end of next year - it likely won't ever happen.

Comment

why are people excited for the rigo fight? i mean rigo style will not make it exciting. You will get something similiar to the Nishioki fight. Bring on mares the will be an action packed fight FOTY worthy!!

Comment

Most likely Rigondeaux after Rigo takes a tune up.

Comment

Working...
                      X