Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UK Insider: Barker-Sturm; Beltran a Real Threat To Burns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: UK Insider: Barker-Sturm; Beltran a Real Threat To Burns

By Nick Halling - Darren Barker’s first defence of his IBF middleweight title looks likely to come against former WBA title holder Felix Sturm in London in December. Barker’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, will be having discussions with Sturm’s connections later this week.

“Potentially, we’re looking at 7th December, and its a fight we’d very much like to bring to London,” said Hearn. “It is a 75/25 split in the champion’s favour, and I have no doubt that they will come up with a very tempting offer to make the fight in Germany. If that happens, we’d consider it, but I think we can bring it to London.” Wembley or Alexandra Palace are the likely venue options.

The December bill in London could also feature Lee Selby’s challenge for the European featherweight title against the Ukrainian Oleg Yefimovych. Purse bids are due by 23rd September. However, Selby must first defend his British and Commonwealth titles against Ryan Walsh next month, when he hopes to win a Lonsdale belt outright. [Click Here To Read More]

In before ducking GGG.
    (Yes I know GGG is fighting Stevenson.... or do I???)

Comment

Ricky wins by decision !!!

Comment

Good luck in getting Sturm to England.

Comment

Dont tell me Sturm is like Ward - HE NEVER LEAVES HOME ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mutchie6g View Post
            Dont tell me Sturm is like Ward - HE NEVER LEAVES HOME ?
            Sturm lost a VERY questionable decision to De La Hoya in the US, and has stayed home since.

Comment

Sturm can't afford another loss so he will be ready to put a lot of money on the table to get this fight to Germany

Comment

Originally posted by -vincenzo- View Post
                Sturm can't afford another loss so he will be ready to put a lot of money on the table to get this fight to Germany
                It would need to be a lot, because the last place Barker wants to go after winning world title is Germany.

Comment

Burns & Harrison's WBO Triumph's will never match that of post war greats Ken Buchanan & Jim Watt!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                    Burns & Harrison's WBO Triumph's will never match that of post war greats Ken Buchanan & Jim Watt!
                    Mick, I totally agree concerning Ken Buchanan but Burns is still only 30 and a couple of good years could see him surpass Jim Watt's achievements.

Right now, he's not even close and also behind Benny Lynch but if (& I'm just saying IF) he gets past Beltran then beats Vazquez & even Gamboa he'll have done more than Jim Watt.

But he has a very tough night ahead of him this weekend and he'll need to be ten times better than he was last time out.

Comment

Working...
                    X