Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are certain members demanding Floyd fight all these 154/160 lbs fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear 147 and 154...but 160?
    Fans need to stop asking certain things of Floyd and even Cotto that they would not dare ask of for Pac....and I dont want to hear "frame
    size" crap...

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      He's a 2x 154 champ that's currently ranked #1 at 154 everywhere. Are you saying the belt he's holding is paper?
      I do not believe Cotto was the best 154lb fighter in the world at the time. He was the most credible opponent that made financial sense that wasn't Manny Pacquiao.

I was a fan of boxing before Mayweather turned pro- i am not blinded by reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        Check my thread I made back in October....I predicted the cherry pick for Guerrero just because he was calling out Floyd and was a lightweight coming up to Welter. He never takes a real threats, avoids undefeated fighters, only fights them after someone else has beat them and doesn't he have a belt at 154? Any more questions
        I don't think you understand boxing much, Pacquiao moved up from lightweight to fight De la Hoya, Mosley moved up from Lightweight to fight De la Hoya at welterweight without touching 140, Guerrero moved up from a lower weight and has had two fights consecutively at 147 and would continue to campaign there, so all your crap about " He never fights threat " is just a lack of your boxing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          Check my thread I made back in October....I predicted the cherry pick for Guerrero just because he was calling out Floyd and was a lightweight coming up to Welter. He never takes a real threats, avoids undefeated fighters, only fights them after someone else has beat them and doesn't he have a belt at 154? Any more questions
          I agree that Guerrero is a BS fight. I said it in my original post if you care to read it again

Just out of interest what undefeated fighters are there out there for him to face...realistically now.

He holds a belt at 147 7 154lbs. His natural fighting weight is 147 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            He's a 2x 154 champ that's currently ranked #1 at 154 everywhere. Are you saying the belt he's holding is paper?
            No, that would be Canelo's belt....

Comment

Floyd isnt fighting much longer, so Floyd fans please dont hold Floyd back. Floyd will likely retire before BH does and look how old BH is.

People critcise Floyd for fighting JMM, and then the response is usually, well its JMMs fault he called Floyd out. Well Sergio called Floyd out. Does Floyd only pick on small boys?
              Time to stop the excuses. If excuses are going to be made, make great excuses please, and take time to think of the excuse rather than the same tired old ones/

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                he hold a belt at 154 and the only fighters people are asking for are at 154 so where you get 160 from? Martinez fight will be at 154, canelo at 154, If he didnt want to fight 154 he shouldent have got the belt for play. Time to step up.
                I understand what you are saying to a degree but is being a 5 weight world champion not enough...or do you have to keep going until you get beaten by somebody bigger than you to get respect?

Comment

So it's okay to fight Cotto at 154, but to ask him to fight another 154 pound fighter is asking too much? Floyd beats everyone at 154, not sure why some of his fans don't want him to. 160 is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Floyd isnt fighting much longer, so Floyd fans please dont hold Floyd back. Floyd will likely retire before BH does and look how old BH is.

People critcise Floyd for fighting JMM, and then the response is usually, well its JMMs fault he called Floyd out. Well Sergio called Floyd out. Does Floyd only pick on small boys?
                    Time to stop the excuses. If excuses are going to be made, make great excuses please, and take time to think of the excuse rather than the same tired old ones/
                    Let the man breathe.....

Comment

He has the choice of fighting who he wants at this point....he really has nothing left to prove....

Comment

Working...
                      X