Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Toshiaki Nishioka Officially Announces His Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American fans and journalists know only a small proportion of Nishioka.

He started the boxing life as a genius of the precocity. However, he experiences a big failure because it is precocious. He challenged a great champion Veeraphol four times, but failed all. And he suffered a big injury (ruptured an Achilles' tendon twice) in the meantime.

This trouble (injury and long blank) took speed and footwork (maximum weapon) from Nishioka. He groped for a new style and spent hard time.It extended for four and a half years.

Promoter Akihiko Honda sentenced him to retirement. Honda said. "You don't have fifth chance." But Nishioka was not discouraged. Nishioka continued investigating boxing of his own.

He never gives up. He had a firm belief.

"I can do it. I can make a world champion." And his family supported him devotedly, too.

Nishioka is miracle. He was an unfinished genius, and a late bloomer. This is a extremely rare phenomenon in the ports.

"To be honest, I feel I can still become world champion against anybody except for Nonito Donaire. There is no more motivation and emotional satisfaction I will receive by fighting anybody other than the last fight I prepared myself and fought against Donaire in October. This is the reason I decided to retire from boxing."

Comment

Like it has been mentioned before. Nishioka was already retired before the Donaire fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        He was a good champion, his KO of Johnny Gonzalez was awesome and even though he was gunshy in the early rounds, he eventually tried to beat Donaire and went out on his shield. Enjoy your retirement champ.
        Yeah, he was trying to fight smart find an opening and figure out Donaire he eventually did open up and well got KTFO for his troubles.

Comment

Enjoy champ.......

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
            Nishioka is one of my favorite fighters. A true warrior and a gentleman, I give salute to his retirement you'll be missed.
            you seen all of his fights on bluray?

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
              it says a lot about the #1 guy in the division when he finally leaves his home country to fight in the US and completely no shows
              Eh... It had more to do with this being his last pay day than being his last fight imo. He wanted to show up, knew he would have a hard time. Had nothing to do with competition level or anything, he was just at the end of his career and he knew it. He tried coming back for the Donaire fight, but it just wasn't in his cards.

Nishioka will be missed, a warrior, a kind heart, and a gentleman.

Comment

Working...
              X