Comments Thread For: Bradley-Peterson II Looms For December 15 in Miami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley-Peterson II Looms For December 15 in Miami

By Keith Idec

Only one company, Headbangers Promotions, bid Tuesday for the right to promote a Lamont Peterson-Zab Judah junior welterweight title fight ordered by the IBF.

Headbangers Promotions, out of Washington, D.C., won with a bid of $50,000, the minimum allowed by the Springfield, N.J.-based IBF. Headbangers Promotions is operated by the family of Barry Hunter, who trains Peterson and saved the boxer and his younger brother, lightweight Anthony Peterson, from Washington’s streets when they were abandoned children.

The move was widely viewed by boxing insiders as Hunter’s insurance policy in the event a Lamont Peterson-Timothy Bradley rematch doesn’t come to fruition.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Rigo might be in the co main event but no word about Gamboa. If the dude doesn't fight this year might as well write him off cause he ain't going nowhere.

Comment

not that it won't be a good fight, but who the F is asking for this fight? DK must be excited though

Comment

If they have this fight, it should be in DC.
        Maximize profits/attendance

Comment

Arum out of his mind if he thinks this fight will move 20,000-25,000 tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Keith Idec

Only one company, Headbangers Promotions, bid Tuesday for the right to promote a Lamont Peterson-Zab Judah junior welterweight title fight ordered by the IBF.

Headbangers Promotions, out of Washington, D.C., won with a bid of $50,000, the minimum allowed by the Springfield, N.J.-based IBF. Headbangers Promotions is operated by the family of Barry Hunter, who trains Peterson and saved the boxer and his younger brother, lightweight Anthony Peterson, from Washington’s streets when they were abandoned children.

The move was widely viewed by boxing insiders as Hunter’s insurance policy in the event a Lamont Peterson-Timothy Bradley rematch doesn’t come to fruition.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            I doubt Tim takes this fight......more likely we see him in there with the Ghost.

Comment

I hope it happens as I am dying for a good fight card to come to Miami.

Comment

smh. not peterson again. would have wanted berto or even guerrero but fat chance of that happening.

Comment

WTF? What happened to Guerrero??

I don't wanna see a rematch between a now cheater and a fraud.

Comment

Yeah Berto would have been perfect, he probably could have attracted some some fans from the Haitian community in Miami while Gamboa and Rigo brought the Cubans. I just hope something happens so that I can buy my tickets to the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X