No announcement yet.

Android has poor port of apps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piye View Post
    Game of thrones fan also? good show right.
    Currently, I don't watch anything else. Kind of just sitting around now until next season

Comment

It's a shame Rob and Cat will be killed next season the red wedding is a pretty harsh scene I stopped reading the books for a while after that.

But when John Snow is stabbed in book five well that brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

It's a shame Rob and Cat will be killed next season the red wedding is a pretty harsh scene I stopped reading the books for a while after that.

But when John Snow is stabbed in book five well that brought a tear to my eye.
        Fictional **** happens.

Comment

lol read the red wedding man it almost felt real wonder if they'll keep that content from the books?

Comment

Shoddy Apps

Android developers don’t give a ****. Well, at least that’s how it feels. Apps either implement their own UI bits and look half decent but don’t feel native or they use the native controls and put no further effort into polish. Features are often half baked and, since supply is rock bottom, prices are much higher than in the app store despite the much lower quality. Even the winners of the Android Developer Challenge look more like projects passed around in programming lab than consumer facing applications.

This is partially the fault of the SDK which promotes the “just drop controls and text onto a black screen” design pattern.
            As an Android user, I find at least with the apps that matter (Only ones I download, I don't download fart, beer or stickmen fighting apps) There is no issue.

In fact developers have worked on it that the back button opens the opens on some games, which is unique. There is no setting or start button on the screen permanently at all, so you have more room on your screen, on a much larger screen than 3.5 Inches, more like 4.8 or 4.7 on the new Samsung S3 and HTC ONE X.

Android apps are behind when it comes to the thousands of crappy ones, but who the hell actually uses them after a few tries for novelty?

In terms of prices, let's say a quick look at the top paid.

Where's my perry is 69 P on App store. 62 P in the Play Store.
            APP Store £3.99 for FIFA 12, Play Store £3.56
            WhatsApp 79P in App Store, Play Store 74P when I bought it.

This was actually me reading and not knowing the price differences. A quick look and the trend is Play Store is cheaper in the Top Paid apps all around. Only by a little, but it confirms that the TS is giving out false information.

My final words, Android apps are improving on numbers, they are already being designed with the back button which Android utilises. The top apps in the App Store are in the Play Store, and they are cheaper by a few pence as well!

Every little counts.

Comment

Oh and one of my favourites, Temple Run Brave, 69 P inApp Store, 63P in Play Store.

Why is Apple robbing me of my few pence for every App?

Every little counts.

Comment

This thread sucks so damn bad.... Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                  :yay:

This iPhone vs Android shiz is getting boring as **** now.
                  I agree. Way old. It's always something in the lounge. Religion, politics and now it's iPhone vs. Android.

Comment

Working...
                  X