Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose losses have been more damaging to their careers..Pacquiao or Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan has time to grow, while on the other hand Pacquiao has been criticized for the last few fights before getting KO'ed.

If Khan is serious about his new training, I don't see why he can't come back and see some success again.

Pacquiao has been in to many wars, been punished as well as punishing but after being knock unconscious like he was; it was a monumental lose to his mental state and fighting ability.

Comment

Khan's losses are more damaging. Pacquiao is past prime and losses he gets now have little effect on his standing as an all time great. Khan has three losses, two by KO as a young man in his prime and he has not done near as much as Pacquiao. He will be lucky to be remembered as an all time good. Pacquiao is at least two levels higher than Khan. They are not in the same class. That's my opinion. Khan is young enough to improve his career and his place in boxing history, but is he good enough to do so? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Horrible, horrible comparo ts. Pacman got stopped by the great Juan Manuel Marquez. ( Completely overlooking his 2 ko losses when he was a noob & loss to yet another great in Morrales whom he avenged twice over).

Khan got stopped by some lanky lightweight named Prescott & a decent jr welterweight champ Named Garcia.
        QFT.

Not sure is this thread is srs

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          Khan has time to grow, while on the other hand Pacquiao has been criticized for the last few fights before getting KO'ed.

If Khan is serious about his new training, I don't see why he can't come back and see some success again.

Pacquiao has been in to many wars, been punished as well as punishing but after being knock unconscious like he was; it was a monumental lose to his mental state and fighting ability.
          Who cares about these people criticizing Pac? They are Pac haters/floydiots anyway. They cant fugure it out why it is great when a former 106 fighter beat all these welterweights in their own weight classes in catchweigh or not..
          Last edited by straightleft; 01-14-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

the other is proven, the other is not. thats the difference. khan is still on his way so we won't really know yet. but pac's defeat didn't damage much at all to what happened in his entire career. and besides we all knew marquez is his kryptonite.

Comment

Normally, I don't weigh losses at the end of an ATG career too heavily ... Pac was entering the last stages of his career but he wasn't shot or washed up by any means ... a big loss but not as devastating as Amir Khan's two losses ... Pac has little more to prove and Khan was in the prime of his career and suffered that loss to Garcia and was quickly ascending when he lost to Prescott.

Comment

Khan is 26 yrs old...he'll be fine...Wlad was 28 when he got stopped for 3rd time...now look, he's top 5 P4P and a lock for the HOF...not bad for someone who is supposed ot have chin issues...again, Khan will be fine

Manny is a proven god...can't compare the 2...he'll be fine as well

Comment

It's about the same at this point - Pacquiao got beaten 5 times in total (although the Bradley fight doesn't count and arguably Marquez beat him before the 4th fight) but he got through early adversity and became who he is.. so Khan still got a chance to make something of himself, if he wants to be some sort of KO artist though he won't make it. He needs to box and humiliate his opponents from a distance or he'll get knocked out again.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    I asked whose RECENT losses have been more damaging? I'm not comparing their overall careers..there is no comparison. Its just there's a chance Pac may not ever be the same again. Damn that chick on your profile is fine as hell!
                    Well khans might not be too damaging as he can learn from the loss and get better. Khans reputation wasnt that great to begin with as well.

But is it the girl in my avatar you like? Or another girl you was talking about?

Comment

We all seem to be forgetting that Pac has been stopped by bums before. But yes, Khan's recent defeats have been more damaging, but as he's younger he's more likely to come back stronger.

In terms of the elite level, Pacquaio is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X