No announcement yet.

Wrapping my hand question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrapping my hand question

Should I be wrapping my hands wraps so I can't really even move my wrist? How tight should they feel? One of my wrists have been hurting and it can't really be my punch technique, but it might be my gloves(I have Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves in the mail) so I am waiting for my new ones.

I do use 180" wraps and keep my hand open while I wrap, but how tight should they be?

They should be tight but not stupidly tight so they cut off circulation.

Comment

How tight would they feel if they were cutting off circulation?

Comment

If its too tight, it will increase the risk of injuring your hand/wrist.

If your hand/wrist feels numb the wrap is too tight.

Once you've looped the wrap through your thumb to go over your wrist you should pull it round ever so slightly, this is around the tightness you want for the whole wrapping procedure.

Not just this, but also punching with correct form will help eliminate injury.
        I.E keeping your wrist straight, if you punch with a bent wrist you will risk damaging your hand/wrist

Comment

Here is a video from Justin Fortune on how to properly wrap hands.

Comment

With gloves on should I be really trying to make a closed fist? Or should I have it relaxed like how one would shadow box.

Thanks for the replies too.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
              With gloves on should I be really trying to make a closed fist? Or should I have it relaxed like how one would shadow box.

Thanks for the replies too.

No don't clench your fist when you aren't throwing.
              Your fist & arms should be nice & relaxed until just before impact & be sure to turn your hand over for maximum power.

Comment

Last question, what about hooks? It feels awkward to have my palm face the ground when I shoot a hook.

Comment

Working...
                X