No announcement yet.

Stop me if I'm being a homer...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop me if I'm being a homer...

But watch that game the Knicks just played against Miami and convince me that they're not an AWFUL style matchup for the Heat. The Heat don't defend the pick and roll or the three. The Knicks have three moves - swing the ball around the perimeter for an open three, pick and roll with chandler (and presumably Stoudemire), iso to melo. When you consider that the Heat don't have any rim protection and that Melo absolutely owns Shane Battier, why can't the Knicks win a playoff series?

They've just smashed this team by 20 twice in a row, once at home. And this was a very impressive win. Everyone was talking about how the Heat were gonna come out and smash the next team they saw, they just lost to the Wizards, how embarrassing, blah blah blah. The Knicks just went life and death with the BOBCATS last night. The Heat were better rested, supposedly motivated and playing a team down their alpha dog. And they got whooped.

The only thing that concerns me is their age. They could break down and leave this team a mess. But best case scenario, why can't the Knicks make the Finals?

Knicks just beat the **** out of us,we can't defend the 3 point shot to save our lives,nor do we focus on offensive rebounding

Comment

That's what I'm saying! The way to beat the Knicks is to pound them on the glass. If they had to go through Memphis, they'd be toast. But they play to all the Heat's weaknesses and D-wade isn't himself at all. Is LeBron enough to beat an entire team that plays exceptionally well together?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        That's what I'm saying! The way to beat the Knicks is to pound them on the glass. If they had to go through Memphis, they'd be toast. But they play to all the Heat's weaknesses and D-wade isn't himself at all. Is LeBron enough to beat an entire team that plays exceptionally well together?
        We got a lot of work to do,i still havent seen us put together an entire 48 minutes of great basketball this season,Outside of Lebron,we really have no consistent rebounder. Bosh and Haslem come and go and yea Wade is flaky as hell this season

Comment

why can't the Knicks make the Finals?
          Cuz the playoffs is a whole different animal..

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
            Cuz the playoffs is a whole different animal..
            Don't just say that ****, give me an actual reason. Like what specifically about the Knicks game doesn't translate? Slow pace and defense? Right.

Comment

Don't just say that ****, give me an actual reason. Like what specifically about the Knicks game doesn't translate? Slow pace and defense? Right.
              Bottom line , just being consistent and having that playoff intense mode on both sides of the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                Bottom line , just being consistent and having that playoff intense mode on both sides of the floor.
                Who's more intense than the Knicks? Melo, famously lazy Melo, just hurt himself diving into the stands. The Garden is buzzing now, man, this team is into it.

Comment

Who's more intense than the Knicks? Melo, famously lazy Melo, just hurt himself diving into the stands. The Garden is buzzing now, man, this team is into it.
                  True , if shots keep falling in like tonite they will be tough. 3's were dropping like layups.

Comment

Working...
                  X