Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Wilder has 11 more fights then Price but aint thought no one haha

Comment

Well it seems it's down to Wilder...
      I really wanted to believe Price is real deal and that we'll have a big fight in the near future.

Maybe Wilder will be the one to give Wlad a challenge.

Comment

I dont think Price was being overprotected, he was being overhyped maybe.

I also agree that Tony would beat Wilder at the moment, but Wilder has a lot of up curve obviously.

Comment

I think we should all preface these convo's with "I know he's not that good right now, but I'm going to back him anyway"...

because let's face Wilder has no fluidity himself, Thompson even at his snail's pace, is a more fluid boxer than Wilder. He's got some speed and snap to his shots but he's just as stiff as Price is. There's no head movement there, no dancing, no changing levels...I got to see Wilder get that KO in person and he's got that speed to counter anything quickly...he actually showed good patience too, that was good. Anyway, I want to get more excited about him but there isn't much there yet. Best to him though
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-23-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky Smooth View Post
            I never said I thought he was great or anything you wanker. Im just pointing out how many British fans hated on him all the time, meanwhile they go around championing Price who's been protected as much as Wilder. I think it was fitting that it was an American who made Price do the Khan dance.
            The difference you seem to be missing is that Price has actually stepped up and fought a reasonable opponent. Just like Seth Mitchell did when he got found ou tby Jonathan Banks. And like Tyson Fury is scheduled to do against Steve Cunningham.

The last opponent Wilder fought, on the other hand, was some guy who probably works full-time in a florist for a living. And before that he fought a guy plucked from the NBA developmental league. Before that he fought a professional taxi driver. The one before that was an empty milk carton collector. And before that he fought some 15 year old school kid who was doing work experience at HBO. In other words, nobody he's fought remotely compares to a fat, old Tony Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              he can hardly box. that's where the "hate" comes from. the guy hardly knows how to fight.

i've been watching the game for a long time, but if you don't believe me you can look to the evaluation of wilder by the contemporary experts. the guy barely knows how to box.

what he's got is potential, an tons of it. he's got stuff you don't teach, namely athletic quality, size, and one of the hardest right hands i have ever seen.
              That's exactly how I see it. He's as green as they come. But it is time for a small step up.

I would like to see him fight an experienced journeyman like Monte Barrett or Jameel McCline this year. I think he'll get a lot more out of those fights than the quality of fighters they're putting him up against now.

Comment

Why? Theres nothing to prove Wilder is any better than Price. He has the same faults....

Never been a fan of Price or Fury. Pulev is where it's at for me.

I love the subtle little warming up to Wilder by the US posters here. I think it's kinda sweet but unfortunate

Comment

Thompson is at least 10 times better than any fighter that Wilder has faced.

Comment

This is HW Boxing. A few months back it was Mitchell, this week its Price..and as soon as Wilder fights someone with a recognizable name it will probably be him.

Comment

Working...
                    X