No announcement yet.

Khan is the new Gatti.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan is the new Gatti.

Exciting to watch & very vulnerable. He's either going to bomb you out, or get bombed out. His defensive liabilities have never been corrected & he's very far along in his career. I don't see the ring IQ of say a Barrera or even Cotto to be able to change his style to make up for his flaws.

Much props to Garcia for ending the undeserved hype & saving us from a painful & worthless ppv. Khan has got to do things differently or keep us awed with exciting fights that he's gonna win or lose big. Warrr Khan!!

Well at least when Khan says he expects there to be a KO in his fights he delivers.

Comment

the khan fight was great on saturday night.

another fine victory for americas war on terror! lol.

Comment

Problem is Gatti took bad beatings,Khan can not take anywhere near the damage of Gatti.At the sametime i think Khan is by far the more talented of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          the khan fight was great on saturday night.

another fine victory for americas war on terror! lol.
          Another? Lol, which war on terror have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Problem is Gatti took bad beatings,Khan can not take anywhere near the damage of Gatti.At the sametime i think Khan is by far the more talented of the two.
            Outside of Khan's 4 rounds of unmatched speed, he doesn't really do anything else that well.

Comment

No he isn't, because he has much better skills than Gatti, but far inferior chin and inability to recover when rocked. Gatti had a good chin and outstanding ability to recover from a knockdown if it happened. Khan gets rocked and he rarely can get his feet back under him.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                No he isn't, because he has much better skills than Gatti, but far inferior chin and inability to recover when rocked. Gatti had a good chin and outstanding ability to recover from a knockdown if it happened. Khan gets rocked and he rarely can get his feet back under him.
                I'm not making this statement up skill wise. I'm talking from an excitement point of view. Did you even read the opening post?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Exciting to watch & very vulnerable. He's either going to bomb you out, or get bombed out. His defensive liabilities have never been corrected & he's very far along in his career. I don't see the ring IQ of say a Barrera or even Cotto to be able to change his style to make up for his flaws.

Much props to Garcia for ending the undeserved hype & saving us from a painful & worthless ppv. Khan has got to do things differently or keep us awed with exciting fights that he's gonna win or lose big. Warrr Khan!!
                  At this point Gatti is a whole lot better than Khan... Gatti's chin is a whole lot better & have been in more wars than him... with that said I think khan is more like Jermain Taylor... was good & now is nothing

Comment

I disagree with the comparison, but agree that you have to accept him, and just enjoy. He is still a top level fighter, I don't care how many flaws he has. You have to puteverything into perspective and he has achieved much more than anyone would of thought after Prescott.

Now that I have had some time to analyse it, I think he will still achieve more. Needs to go back to the drawing board and step down a level for a couple of fights to get his confidence back, and then get back on the bike. He needs to swallow his pride and get back with Ariza or implement a similar training regime based on strengthening his legs, because they were all over the ****ing place on Sat night.

Saying that people should not read too much into it, he was actually drilling Garcia with jabs, left hooks, right hands, and no matter what the Garcia camp said after the fight they were panicking a little at the end of the 2nd round. It was the wrong game plan but he got caught in an exchange and that can happen to anyone, quite frankly he could have beaten Garcia with pretty much his left hand only, Garcia is not a pressure fighter and slow on his feet, but Khan is not smart and that is where he is similar to Gatti.

Comment

Working...
                    X