No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Unfazed by Weight Loss, Vows War with Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson Unfazed by Weight Loss, Vows War with Ward

By Ryan Maquiñana - This week in Northern California boxing was supposed to begin with a Tuesday press conference at Oakland’s Oracle Arena. The principals were homegrown super middleweight champ Andre Ward and light heavyweight king Chad Dawson, who will descend to 168 pounds for a Sept. 8 HBO-televised main event.

However, Dawson (31-1-0-2 NC, 17 KOs) was unable to attend due to a family illness, causing the presser with Ward (25-0, 13 KOs) to be postponed until a later date. Despite his absence, “Bad Chad” was still accessible for comment earlier in the week to start the wheels turning for a card titled “World Champions: Made in America.”

“That’s what boxing should be,” Dawson told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com about his upcoming contest. “In the Ward-Dawson fight, you got two of the best guys, two world champions in their divisions fighting each other. This right here should be the first step to bring boxing back to where it should be.” [Click Here To Read More]

And yet I can see him mentioning this if he were to lose

Comment

Ward is dumb. He should have said F**k that, and just went to 175 for Dawson's titles. He would have become a 2 weight Lineal Champ and beaten one of the Top LHW's in the past 4-5 years.

He's going to get no credit if he beats Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Ward is dumb. He should have said F**k that, and just went to 175 for Dawson's titles. He would have become a 2 weight Lineal Champ and beaten one of the Top LHW's in the past 4-5 years.

He's going to get no credit if he beats Dawson.
        I think this is exactly what Dawson is trying to do, become a 3X, 2 weight division lineal champ

Comment

How does one really step down in weight to fight someone and really be proud of it? It's not ascension it's descent. Dawson, Martinez and most notably evidenced De La Hoya have all been advocates for this and purely 4 cash. I hope Ward wins because Dawson with his size should be aiming up not down!.

Comment

Ward is a damn cyborg.

Honestly he fights like he's on another level than most.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Does anybody know Dawsons fight night weights from previous bouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I think this is exactly what Dawson is trying to do, become a 3X, 2 weight division lineal champ
                Yeah, except Ward is in the power position when it comes to these two.

A Non-Title CW fight would have been fine by me as well, at something like 171-172.

Ward should have taken notes from Floyd on this one. Fight the guy at the weight he's a champion at and you tend to get more credit.

Comment

We get the best available fights and still complain about them...they're fighting each other for us...because they want to be an American superstar...neither of them had to fight each other, they're doing this because we as boxing fans want to see this and deserve nice matchups like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Does anybody know Dawsons fight night weights from previous bouts?
                    He'll definitely be bigger than Ward.

But I don't see that as a factor, I'd make Ward the clear favorite. More than likely it goes the distance............but it's the class level that seems to me like the biggest difference.

Regardless of resumes or opposition faced or any of that.

I view Ward as being almost an entire grade above Dawson.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X