Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis: I Want More Fights to Get Back into Shape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis: I Want More Fights to Get Back into Shape

‘Win today, look good the next time’ is one of the most oft-used mantras in boxing. The quote is offered anytime a fighter is less than entertaining on any given night, where he settles for the win more so than looking to improve on a particular evening.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

‘Odlanier Solis: I Want More Fights to Get Back into Shape

Yeah, No kidding!

I took one look at you an thought the same thing..
    Last edited by crf450xxx; 05-20-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

He looked really fat yesterday, deja de comer Odlanier!!!

Comment

How can he get so damn fat? He's a small HW, he should be rocking 225 or thereabouts.

I just don't get how these out of shape guys think they can considered a genuine threat to a Klitschko.

Comment

This is about the only writer who reports factually on Solis. Solis was expected to win this fight and did. And.instead of the fulsome praise he gets from everyone else for "almost" beating up Klitschko in their 3 minutes of ezchanges, that bout was correctly described here as a "poor showing".

Of Solis' 19 fights, in nearly all of them he's been anything from 15-40 lbs overweight from his lowest professional weigh-in. And even then, his lowest weight has been over 40 lbs more than in his stellar amateur heavyweight days.

So who knows what he'll amount to. A great opportunity is beckonong...if he'll take it.

Comment

Dude used to own everyone at 200 pounds. He needs to get serious before his age is against him.

Comment

He says he wants more fights to get back into shape - HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN SHAPE BEFORE HE GETS FIGHTS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                He says he wants more fights to get back into shape - HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN SHAPE BEFORE HE GETS FIGHTS!!!!!
                he's got the james toney logic going on.

problem with solis is there is no weight limit for him. He needs to have a conditioning coach or something to be with him damn near 24/7 and keep him in check.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                  Dude used to own everyone at 200 pounds. He needs to get serious before his age is against him.
                  Own everyone? Other than fighting Vitali for less than three minutes who has he fought?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    This is about the only writer who reports factually on Solis. Solis was expected to win this fight and did. And.instead of the fulsome praise he gets from everyone else for "almost" beating up Klitschko in their 3 minutes of ezchanges, that bout was correctly described here as a "poor showing".

Of Solis' 19 fights, in nearly all of them he's been anything from 15-40 lbs overweight from his lowest professional weigh-in. And even then, his lowest weight has been over 40 lbs more than in his stellar amateur heavyweight days.

So who knows what he'll amount to. A great opportunity is beckonong...if he'll take it.
                    Based on the context in which the term was used, it seemed to me as at least partially synonymous with "the fight he lost" or "the fight in which his result was far below what he would have wanted."

However, to the extent that it was indeed a poor showing, or alternatively to the extent that it is so described, I think that it is because Solis is below his potential. The guy has so much talent, but his physical fitness is not up to par, and it is sort of sad.

That was at least how I read the piece.

Comment

Working...
                    X