Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian MEP on Flotilla Massacre

Just got this e-mail:

Dear Madame/Sir,

I received many messages expressing concern about the Israel's attack of the Free Gaza Flotilla. To this purpose, I would like to inform you that I reacted immediately to the attack, issuing a press release in Italian that you find below.

On June 1st I took part, together with other MEPs, to a press conference on this issue that you can watch using this link:

In these days, the European Parliament is working on a Resolution: as soon as it will be adopted we will send it to you for your information.

Yours sincerely,

Niccolò Rinaldi

Member of European Parliament
    Vice-chair of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
    Head of Delegation Italia dei Valori

(Translation Below Italian)

Gaza; Rinaldi (IdV): Terrorismo di Stato

"Solo un'autorevole e pienamente indipendente inchiesta internazionale potrà far luce sul massacro nelle acque internazionali al largo di Gaza." Lo dichiara in una nota l'europarlamentare dell'Italia dei Valori, Niccolò Rinaldi, membro della Sottocommissione per i diritti dell'uomo, commentando il recente attacco israeliano contro la flottiglia di imbarcazioni che trasportava aiuti umanitari a Gaza.

"Intanto - continua Rinaldi - restiamo senza parole al cospetto di una tale carneficina; l'ennesima tragedia di una politica di chiusura di Gaza che fin'ora a soltanto creato sofferenza e disastri politici. Tentare di rompere l'assedio portandovi aiuti umanitari non significa affatto sostenere politicamente Hamas, come ho potuto constatare io stesso, quando lo scorso gennaio ho visitato Gaza, come unico parlamentare italiano insieme a decine di deputati e attivisti per la pace da tutta Europa. La perdita di vita di una ventina di pacifisti, che potrebbe risultare come un atto di terrorismo di stato, impone da parte di tutti, anche dagli amici di Israele, una revisione della politica israeliana che non può perdere i tratti della più elementare umanità."

"Anziché parlare di "voluta provocazione" da parte dei pacifisti e di inevitabile "reazione" da parte israeliana, come ha fatto cinicamente il sottosegretario Mantica, è bene che tutti capiscano - conclude l'eurodeputato IdV - che crimini come questo compiuto dai militari israeliani, hanno un inevitabile prezzo, oltre che di vite umane, anche politico, e sono il miglior favore che si possa fare a tutti gli estremismi."

Per maggiori informazioni:

Gaza Rinaldi (IDV): State Terrorism

"Only an authoritative and fully independent international investigation will shed light on the massacre in international waters off the coast of Gaza." The MEP said in a statement Italia dei Valori, Niccolo Rinaldi, a member of the Subcommittee on Human Rights, commenting on the recent Israeli attack on the flotilla of boats carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza.

"Meanwhile - Rinaldi continues - we are speechless at the sight of such carnage, yet another tragedy of a policy of closing Gaza as yet only to create suffering and political disasters. Groped to break the siege bringing humanitarian aid does not mean not support Hamas politically, as I have seen myself, when I visited Gaza last January, as the only Italian Parliament along with dozens of members and peace activists from across Europe. The loss of life of a twenty pacifists, which could be an act of state terrorism, requires by all, even by friends of Israel, a review of Israeli policy that can not miss the most basic traits of humanity. "

"Instead of talking about" deliberate provocation "by peaceful and inevitable" reaction "from the Israelis, as did cynically Undersecretary Mantica, it is good that everyone understands - MEP IdV claims - that crimes like this one made by the Israeli military have an inevitable price, as well as human lives, even politically, and are the best favor you can do to all extremes. "

For more information: contact....

"Only an authoritative and fully independent international investigation will shed light on the massacre in international waters off the coast of Gaza."
    This is what we need. I'm sick to death of hearing Israel think they can appoint their own officials to investigate. The investigation should be 100% independent. Israel must comply and hand over all evidence to the independent investigators (including the vessel's security footage, footage taken by Al Jazeera Cameras etc), unaltered and un-edited of course.

*sighs* like that will ever happen

Comment

Working...
    X