Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 shot in Chicago park, including 3 year old.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 shot in Chicago park, including 3 year old.

At least 13 people, including a three-year-old child, have been shot in a park in Chicago.

It is thought the attack happened in the Back of the Yards neighbourhood on the city's South Side at 10.15pm on Thursday.

Chicago Fire Department officials said the child was in a critical condition, as are two of the other victims.

"We had multiple victims shot, who were transported to various hospitals throughout the city," said James Mungovan, deputy district chief of the Chicago Fire Department.

No one is believed to be in custody.

Witness Julian Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times that men fired at him from a grey sedan before turning towards Cornell Square Park and firing at people in the area.

He said his three-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.

He said: "They hit the light pole next to me, but I ducked down and ran into the house.

"They've been coming round here looking for people to shoot every night, just gang-banging stuff. It's what they do."

Francis John, 70, said she was in her apartment when the attack happened.

She said she went down to see what was going on and "a lot of youngsters were running scared".

Ms John said she was surprised by what had happened, saying she has lived in the area for 30 years.

She told the Chicago Sun-Times there has not been much gun violence in the neighbourhood in recent years.

FBI figures have shown that Chicago has overtaken New York to become the murder capital of the US with 500 deaths in the last year.

President Barack Obama returned to his adopted hometown earlier this year to appeal for an end to the "senseless" gun violence ravaging Chicago.

He pressed for ambitious gun control measures, which so far have been stalled in the US Congress.

Disgusting seriously..

When is America gonna stand up and do something..

I live in UK i wouldn't trust 99% of the ****wits over here to carry a gun responsibly..

And the USA appears to have even more mouth breathers..

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
      Disgusting seriously..

When is America gonna stand up and do something..

I live in UK i wouldn't trust 99% of the ****wits over here to carry a gun responsibly..

And the USA appears to have even more mouth breathers..
      they need to pass more gun laws.

these gangbangers and criminals wouldn't keep guns if they knew it's a crime.

Comment

Hope they get the guy! That is too bad.

Comment

Well the south side of chicago is the baddest part of town and if you go down there you better just beware...

Have they IDed the attackers and how old were the other 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            they need to pass more gun laws.

these gangbangers and criminals wouldn't keep guns if they knew it's a crime.
            You want sttricter gun laws, rock?

then maybe only criminals will have guns.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
              You want sttricter gun laws, rock?

then maybe only criminals will have guns.
              don't be silly, lolo.

criminals wouldn't have guns if gun possession was a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                don't be silly, lolo.

criminals wouldn't have guns if gun possession was a crime.
                Maybe different economic condition is a factor but here in pinas you'd be incarcerated for 10 years if caught with illegal possession and it was even a life sentence before the robin padilla case. Guess what? majority of gun owners are criminals.

How light is the case there when caught with illegal possessions?

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  Well the south side of chicago is the baddest part of town and if you go down there you better just beware...

Have they IDed the attackers and how old were the other 12?
                  That particular area isn't that bad, compared to the rest of the south side the further south you go. I grew up a mile west of there. Coincidentally, gunfire is what drove us out of the neighborhood.

I'd say the west side is equally as bad, maybe worse

Comment

Why is a 3 year old at a park on the southside of chicago at 10 at night?

Comment

Working...
                    X